PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Paradise to be sold on PSN

Shrygue
August 15th, 2008, 21:53
via Eurogamer

Criterion plans to release Burnout Paradise as a downloadable PSN title this autumn.

The game will be cheaper at USD 30, according to the PlayStation Blog, and comes bundled with all of the free DLC releases so far. This includes Bogart, Cagney, and upcoming Davis updates.

The PlayStation Blog makes explicit reference to the "US PlayStation Store", so we've asked Sony to clarify whether there are similar plans afoot for Europe.

Criterion continues to expand and nurture Burnout Paradise online, living up its "always changing" slogan. Motorbikes and day/night cycles are planned for the near future, with planes and additional islands on the slate for further down the line.

Burnout Paradise was released back in January on Xbox 360 and PS3. The game no longer features in the UK All-Formats Top 40, but does, at least, hang on at 36 in the Xbox 360 chart.

Head over to our Burnout Paradise review to find out more.

royvedas
August 16th, 2008, 01:19
Slowly, but steadily the gaming companies are luring us all over software downloads instead of physical media. You all might think this is a mighty good thing, but it isn't.

- In this way they will firmly control the pricing structure - in the future there will be no competition between different retail stores.

- In this way different it will be more difficult to obtain older games which the company has retired - will you still be able to redownload a purchased or purchase a PS3 game on PSN network in 20 years?

- I'm gonna miss having the games stored on my shelf.

- and probably other stuff I forgot to mention.

El Stefio
August 16th, 2008, 02:48
I see your point royvedas, but digital downloads have their place. I got Warhawk from the PSN instead of on blu-ray for a number of reasons - it was cheaper, it was out first, and i doubt i'd be able to play either version in 20 years time :P

This Burnout situation is obviously very different, but as someone who hasn't yet bought the game i suspect i'll end up buying this now (assuming it happens in the UK) - not because it's suddenly a better game but because when i'm bored one day at 3 in the morning it's there and available to me with minimal effort. Don't get me wrong i do like hard copies of some stuff (i got GT5P on blu-ray for example), but surely having the choice can only be a good thing, right?

pibs
August 16th, 2008, 05:11
Slowly, but steadily the gaming companies are luring us all over software downloads instead of physical media. You all might think this is a mighty good thing, but it isn't.

- In this way they will firmly control the pricing structure - in the future there will be no competition between different retail stores.

- In this way different it will be more difficult to obtain older games which the company has retired - will you still be able to redownload a purchased or purchase a PS3 game on PSN network in 20 years?

- I'm gonna miss having the games stored on my shelf.

- and probably other stuff I forgot to mention.

You got a good point there. Not only that but if things keep going that way we won't be able to let friends borrow our games or vice versa :(

It would also bring an end to rentals.

jamotto
August 16th, 2008, 05:56
You also can't trade in you games for cash.