PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS leads in England

wraggster
November 10th, 2005, 00:44
Knightmare gives us weekly Japanese sales figures, but a lot of you hanker after something more...European. Well, now, especially for those doubters, here are some comparisons between the performance of the DS and the PSP in the good old UK. Check inside for what may come as a pleasant suprise...

Here are the official results of the DS in the UK.
Even within its launch month, the PSP can’t maintain the weekly lead in the UK, and the DS show its strength, world wide and regional leader in units sold, in October.

22nd - 29th October:
NDS: 30,000
GBA SP: 15,500
PSP: 12,900

14th - 21st October:
NDS: 23,035
GBA SP: 10,034
PSP: 8,000

6th - 13th October:
NDS: 24,492
PSP: 18,723
GBA SP: 8,799

Nintendo DS rules the month selling more than 80,000 units only in the UK, while the GBA sold out more of 40,000 units. PSP sold approximately 40,000 units.

In spite of the fact that these figures don’t express the total sales in Europe, this shows the great work of the Nintendo DS in the old world. In USA, Nintendo DS has retaken the lead, where it is also the total regional leader. Of course, the DS is still way ahead in Japan, making this a very happy day for Nintendo DS fans.

But with the launch of GTA on the PSP, and Nintendo Wi-FI Connection, the near future will be interesting...

King DS
November 10th, 2005, 09:52
The WIFI is gonna crush GTA, i think so many more people would turn to mario kart than some 'same old' GTA game

plungmonies
November 10th, 2005, 17:30
wifi is implemented on the psp out of the box, not trying to be critical just informing.
your comment on gta is fair but really the same can be said for mario kart....really anyone that dislikes either is either mad, crazy or some pitiful biased kid trying to justify their purchase and brand loyalty....for god sake buy both and be happy. Since when did sales matter? Never, I love my dreamcast yet it copped a hiding at retail.
geez times dont change do they. I remember being at school back in the 80's and having kids bitch over what was better, sms or nes or atari 2600...
Please all this console bias is just so pedantic, cant we all just get along.

scrabbus
November 10th, 2005, 19:08
I am very pleased at the DS's performance in retail sales, and I must also not that these are the figures for machines sold, Not (what Sony recently had its knuckles rapped for!) for units SHIPPED, as I know a few of you already know, that Sony and EA were criticized for reporting figures for units shipped to the markets and not sold, the board at Nasdaq complained that these were misleading, anyway I digress!! As a 'veteran' gamer (since 1978) I can say that I've seen all the cock judging between console/computer owners since the early 80's, and I can say that sadly while the bubble headed sections of our passion keep emerging with every new generation this will continue, just look at the schoolyard cock judging already between microsoft and sony.

plungmonies
November 11th, 2005, 19:00
yeah sony loves playing dirty but then nintendo are hardly saints either, hell if we all knew every little dirty trick the console corp's have pulled over the years, well I dont think there would be much brand loyalty left when all is disclosed. consider sony as having a mob mentality and nintendo as a twisted lawyer, meanwhile ms? 2 words...anti trust.
Anyway enough with conspiracy theories and mafia comparrisons, I'm off to watch the Sopranos.

iball
November 11th, 2005, 19:04
The WIFI is gonna crush GTA, i think so many more people would turn to mario kart than some 'same old' GTA game
I think SOCOM is going to "crush" the DS. Works with WPA, which the DS does NOT and is online infrastructure. Expect more and more games to come out from PSP developers that use online infrastructure.
I think more people would rather play SOCOM on a PSP than Mario cart on the DS. Or are we counting 12 year-olds whose mommies and daddies won't buy them a PSP because of GTA and buy them a DS instead?
Laughable that one is.

Hevyduty
November 11th, 2005, 21:00
I think Mario Kart DS is going to be the hottest game of the season. I think pretty much everyone with a DS is going to get a copy, and thus build even more momentum for Nintentdo.