View Full Version : MSXCast Dream On Release

MetaFox
November 10th, 2005, 15:31
LTK has released a port of fMSX by Marat Fazuyllin as an entry to the second annual Dream On Competition. The download is available here (http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia/LTK/MSXCast.zip).

Christuserloeser
November 10th, 2005, 18:07
Wow! This came out of nowhere! Incredible! *Dances*

Can't wait to give this a try! fMSX DC already was good but outdated. This could finally replace it as the best MSX emu for Dreamcast :)

Thanks a lot, LTK! *bows*

Darksaviour69
November 10th, 2005, 18:34
how good is it? speed and sound?

ron
November 10th, 2005, 18:59
100 %, with very nice graphics and excellent sound, but it's a young release

Starscream
November 10th, 2005, 21:18
If it's able to play risk daisenryaku without bugs (problem also in Pc-emulators except BlueMSX) it's gonna be worth for that alone :).

DARKGATE
November 10th, 2005, 22:05
=D T H A N K Y O U RON!!!!!!!
I try this great emu in this week, i' m busy =) but is incredible see all this emus *_*
Thank you also for ENTERPRISE DC, =D .

LTK
November 11th, 2005, 01:32
I've tested a few games, all of them work right, I'm working on a full implemented gui and pad control, there are a lot of work to do, Starscream I'm gona try this game, thanks.

Starscream
November 11th, 2005, 14:36
You need to check out the translated version of the game, the original version is in japanese, but was fan-translated.

It's a game somewhat similar to Advance wars (but serious - real weapons and the like).

On the other DC Fmsx port, the font is messed up, and the are some other graphic bugs. This is a problem also in some Pc-emulators, probably also because of the translation. BlueMSX seems to play it fine, though.

That's just a personal wish of mine though, if your emulator will play most of the MSX1 stuff that would already be great. I don't think I can provide a compatibility list before DARKGATE does, but I appreciate your effort.;)

Phantom
November 11th, 2005, 16:28
On the other DC Fmsx port, the font is messed up, and the are some other graphic bugs. This is a problem also in some Pc-emulators, probably also because of the translation. BlueMSX seems to play it fine, though.BlueMSX and OpenMSX are the best emulators at this time. Unfortunately they're very demanding. fMSX is a better fit for Dreamcast. The emulation is not as accurate, but it's much faster.

Starscream
November 11th, 2005, 17:02
yep, I read somewhere you'd need at least a 400-500 Mhz PC to use them effectivly, so no wonder Fmsx get's ported to most platforms rather than the others.

Christuserloeser
November 13th, 2005, 02:43
Maybe for that particular game there could be some hack to make the game run properly ?

Thanks again for your work, LTK :)

Salamander2
December 24th, 2005, 08:04
i want LTK email.

also, i wanna know if msx2 video modes are emulated perfectly(no fmsxdc scr7 bugs), also the sound.