PDA

View Full Version : region free video

urherenow
November 10th, 2005, 18:08
ok, I just used fastloader .7 to dump a UMD video to my 4GB HDD. Then tried it using UMD emulator .8c with regionfree turned on. It worked on a US AND a Japanese PSP!!! So why wasn't this done yet to simply launch the inserted UMD? Fastloader .7 had "Launch inserted UMD" as an option, but it doesn't have any region override. The later version (UMD emulator .8c) has region override, but it doesn't launch the inserted UMD. We really need both of these features (or I should say ALL features, to include dumping UMDs) in 1 version.
Anyone here in contact with this Huma fellow? If he doesn't want to be bothered with it anymore I'd be more than happy to take care of it myself if he's willing to send me the source for .7 as well as .8C. This is so early PSP adopters with Japanese versions can be able to play their locally sold movies. The code is already on someone's system somewhere it just needs to be put in one place and released!

I'd also like to add the option 'delete selected ISO'

iball
November 10th, 2005, 18:49
Supposedly, the author of both abandoned them and isn't releasing the source code.
Don't expect to see this anytime soon, if ever.