PDA

View Full Version : iDoom now available on iPod nano

wraggster
November 10th, 2005, 19:25
iPod nano owners lube up your chainsaws ‘cause iDoom (http://idoom.hyarion.com/index.php) is now available for your fragging kicks. Check check, check out the vid ‘cause performance is rockin’ compared to the previous release we saw running on older gen iPods. Caution: this requires iPodLinux (podzilla) which is a fairly risk free install in our experience but could void your warranty. The 5G (video) iPod is not supported nor is sound … yet. But what does that matter to you, soldier … you’re the only human left alive!

Details- - What kinds of iPod is iDoom working on?
Currently iDoom works on the following iPods:
iPod 1G (scrollwheel)
iPod 2G (thouchwheel)
iPod 3G (disorientated keys)
iPod 4G (clickwheel)
iPod Photo
iPod Color
iPod Mini (both versions)
iPod nano
This list will be updated whenever a new iPod is supported by iPodlinux.
- Do I need anything more than iDoom in order to play?
You need to install iPodLinux first, it's only supported for 1-3G and will probably ruin your warranty. However if you really want to install it on other iPods, search their forums for instructions.
Gameplay
- I can only see a gray blur, how do I change the contrast?
You can't change it through iDoom, however if you change the contrast in podzilla, iDoom will be affected too.
- How can I exit iDoom (I'm keep trying to turn the wheel to the right, but that doesn't help)?
Flip [Hold] on, and then off again.
Press [Menu] to change menu item.
Select quit(rotate left) then confirm (rotate right).
- How do I change the controls?
Open the file "keys.key" in your favorite text editor and follow the example in there.
- Why can't I use the wheel to rotate?
The problem lies is the design of the newer iPods clickwheel, how would you run and turn at the the wheel at the same time?
- Why can't I hear any sound?
There is no sound support... yet.
Other
Why are all your iPods broken?
During development and testing of iDoom there have been a few... accidents. It's very straining to port applications, having to read other peoples code and all that, and when things get really bad... things come flying!

Nah, but seriously, they aren't all broken. Benjamins 2G iPod is broken it now suffers from partial amnesia with it's damaged harddrive that has enough bad blocks to scare away a cluster. Mattias 2G iPod Mini has a crack in the plastic cover, not affecting the functionality, but nevertheless unfashionable. Benjamins nano isn't broken at all, it just looks crappy since he has it wrapped in different kinds of plasic (mostly scotch tape) to keep his nano free from scratches.

download and screenshots via the comments

iball
November 10th, 2005, 19:45
Is there anything that has come out in the last 5 years that Doom has NOT been ported to yet?
I mean, I have it on my phone, my PSP, and my Zaurus 5500 now.

Mew
November 10th, 2005, 22:09
Is there anything that has come out in the last 5 years that Doom has NOT been ported to yet?
I mean, I have it on my phone, my PSP, and my Zaurus 5500 now.

Yeah, I think we'll see in the next few years a new award for that awsome classic game ;)
"Most ported game"

id software are god! :>