Low Tier:
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy I

Bottom Tier:
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XI

So as you can see *Points to list* Final Fantasy IX is the best Final Fantasy ever!

Shadowblind
August 17th, 2008, 16:07
I'm probably one of the few people who absolutely hated Final Fantasy VII. I agree with you for the rest. And yes, 9 is the best ever :)

Sonicboy 101
August 17th, 2008, 16:40
Peh. IV and X were the best IMO... I never idolised VII, VIII or IX.

Eviltaco64
August 17th, 2008, 17:09
VIII was actually my first Final Fantasy game. I mastered the entire game at a fairly young age so I guess that's my favorite. VII is good as well (I dont see how so many people overrate it though). I've never actually played IX, I've heard it's the best from some people and the worst from others.

I played a small piece of IV and VI, and a little bit of I.
I should pick up V, VI (Anthology), IX, and X soon (loves the fact that all the Final Fantasy games except for III are on Playstation/Playstation 2/Playstation 3).

quzar
August 17th, 2008, 18:10
I've always thought that Final Fantasy II (IV) embodied perfectly what a classical RPG should be.

As such I rank it as my personal favorite, with 9 behind it for pulling that group of games out of the gutter.

Also, you missed Mystic Quest, which for me is in the top 5 as, although easy, it showed another classic style of RPG. That style is better shown via Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, but as they are the zenith of that age's RPGs you have to be able to look past them to see other great ones.

kcajblue
August 17th, 2008, 19:03
Peh. IV and X were the best IMO... I never idolised VII, VIII or IX.yeah, those are two of my favorite final fantasys.

my party smashes anything in ffiv.

i did like vii, viii, and ix.

but i wasnt like OMG THIS IS THE BEST EVAR!

Buddy4point0
August 18th, 2008, 02:18
FINALFANTASYIX was the best one ever!!!!!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/PSPMAN07/Stock%20Pictures/Ffixbox.jpg

http://anshiro.free.fr/Final%20Fantasy%209/Images/Final%20Fantasy%209%20_%204.jpg

jamotto
August 18th, 2008, 02:47
Final Fantasy I the ability to customize your entire party is a sorely missed feature.

Darksaviour69
August 19th, 2008, 13:38
Panzer Dragoon Saga > Final Fantasy

FTW

Eviltaco64
August 19th, 2008, 16:16
I've heard this. I've wanted to pick up a Saturn and a copy of Saga, I just dont have $300.