PDA

View Full Version : DS market being "killed by lack of originality".

wraggster
August 17th, 2008, 20:46
How do you think the market is now for DS titles?

OL: I think it's being killed by lack of originality. Most publishers are pushing crappy clones, quickly made for little money, and that's having a detrimental effect on the public, because the public doesn't know what to choose, doesn't find any good titles, so it tends to go to established, known titles and games -- Nintendo games, basically. The problem is, that's not just the publisher's fault. I think distribution is largely responsible for that, because they have, basically, selection companies to decide which game they're going to put in front of their--

http://gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19717

wiggy fuzz
August 18th, 2008, 08:25
the imagine: series by ubisoft springs to mind...

rigor
August 18th, 2008, 13:32
I totally agree. DS is ruined by the lack of originality, and the crappy moneymaker titles.

ChaoticanarchyX
August 18th, 2008, 22:07
Yeah the market for DS games has been flooded with really $h177y games that lack new or inovative game play, I believe the DS would have a greater chance if Nintendo let homebrewers into the DS scene more main stream like. And I bet if Homebrew coders were given more insight and easier direction to the DS itsef you would prpbably see better games and such. The people know what the people want ;)

JKKDARK
August 18th, 2008, 22:10
There are a lot of great titles on the DS. The problem is there are even more bad games, because it's a very popular handheld, even better than the GBA.
People should not buy these bad games if they don't want them.

that1guywiththeface
August 19th, 2008, 02:18
This is true on so many levels.

pokeballer
August 19th, 2008, 03:01
have u seen how many nintendog clones there are like ive seen nintendo horse nintendo dolphins nintendo cats and nintendo babysitting

its all the same gah

crookedmouth
August 19th, 2008, 03:12
There are so many good titles coming out every month, it seems to me. With Games like Space Invaders Extreme, Track and Field, Metal Slug 7, Bangai Spirits, FF4, GRID...The list goes on, I saw that theres a new Legend Of Kage coming too. For me, I like originality but just giving me good games works too. Plus it is very easy to escape the chaff in this day and age.
I will say that it was this kind of "throwing crap against the wall" kind of mentality that was a major factor in the great video game crash in the early eighties, but with todays quick info on the net, like I said it's easy to find the good games.