PDA

View Full Version : New Video of PS3 Games Running on PS3 Hard Drive

wraggster
August 17th, 2008, 22:07
It seems the exploit to play PS3 Games off the hard drive is coming along some more, hopefully a real and major breakthrough for the Homebrew community will arrive soon, also remember DCEmu is against any piracy on the PS3 or indeed any console, but any hacking exploits must be reported on.

Heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/v/XPWo3R61R3s

GameBoiye
August 18th, 2008, 09:23
OK what is that annoying noise in the background!!

Zin0099
August 18th, 2008, 09:27
has he tried psone/ps2 games off hdd?
imbnes - nes for psone
fcultra - nes for ps2

very good emus that could be put on the ps3's hdd

Zin0099
August 18th, 2008, 09:31
whats the name of the vid cause i have no internet except my nieghbors wifi and a hack psp to view youtube

lmtlmt
August 18th, 2008, 10:39
is that dude jerking off in the background?

F9zDark
August 18th, 2008, 23:03
This is total bullshit. First off, Warhawk WAS released on the PSN (therefore playable from the HDD). Secondly, all he seemed to do was "eject" the Motorstorm disc, which seemingly quit him from Warhawk. Hardly a hack or anything important to the Homebrew scene. Notice how all his games on the HDD were titles found on the PSN?

Come on Wraggster, didn't you view this video before posting it?

DPyro
August 18th, 2008, 23:27
This is total bullshit. First off, Warhawk WAS released on the PSN (therefore playable from the HDD). Secondly, all he seemed to do was "eject" the Motorstorm disc, which seemingly quit him from Warhawk. Hardly a hack or anything important to the Homebrew scene. Notice how all his games on the HDD were titles found on the PSN?

Come on Wraggster, didn't you view this video before posting it?

Um, in case you haven't noticed several PSP devs have confirmed this is working.

F9zDark
August 20th, 2008, 04:01
Um, in case you haven't noticed several PSP devs have confirmed this is working.

Maybe so, but how was the data gotten on there in the first place? The PS3 HDD partition is in an encrypted, proprietary file system format which has yet to be hacked.

And why was this person playing Warhawk if this hack does truly work? Why not play something else, that ISN'T available as a download to the HDD?

I am sorry but until I see RFOM or MGS4 playing when Motorstorm is inserted into the drive, will I believe this.