PDA

View Full Version : Time.

shadowprophet
August 18th, 2008, 11:33
There was this old saying once, which was very next level when it was originally said. Yet it in it''s self is now battered with age. In fact commonly used it's lost it's meaning entirely,

Time is a fire in which we burn.Time does seem to burn. much like a fire, time wont stop until everything we know has expired. Time will conquer all things,

kind of like the tree falling in an empty forest riddle,
When no one is left to conceive the passage of time, Will it exist anymore?
perhaps everything dies, even time. anyway I'm getting off track here.

Time does seem to be important, a concept that fascinates all of us. from the very young to the very old. As a child you dreamed about what secrets your own future would hold,Don't deny it. I'm prone to believe curiosity genetically is coded in to each and every one of us.

So, I was thinking. if I could travel back in time, and tell my self as a child about my own future would I?

I'm not doing to shabby.. but, I am far from the president of a colonized mars, that I thought I would be, it's a real thought buster. I don't know what I would say to my childhood self....

I know what your thinking, Thats easy. I know exactly what i would tell my childhood self!! So let's hear it. How would you F up your own past if you could?

http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/images/News/Time%20Machine.jpg

Eviltaco64
August 18th, 2008, 18:42
I guess I would go back in time to tell myself to avoid certain things.
Then again, if I was to do that, I'm pretty sure that I would lose experience dealing with people, events, and the like, making myself a lot more naive.

I guess I'd also go back and try to stop world events from happening as well.
But I think that I would end up failing (like that episode of the original Twilight Zone).

I guess everything happens for a reason, no matter how curious we are, any good or bad event that happened in our life was supposed to happen. Without it, our lives would be different, maybe for the better, but still different. I think to myself, maybe if I fought better and stood up for myself at an earlier age, I would be respected a lot more. But no matter where you are in life, be it rich, depressed, suicidal, secluded for a long time, enraged, or are dealing with the death of loved ones, you learn from your experience, and, if you must deal with it again, you'll hopefully have a better idea of what to do in that scenario.

Still, if someone was to get divorced or knew someone that couldve got a vaccine a long time ago and couldve helped that person avoid death, then that is where I'd enjoy a time machine (I'd also enjoy going to races and investing in the stock market ;) ).

Axelius
August 19th, 2008, 16:55
If I had the possibility to go back in time, I was too worried about my very existence to change anything really important. Especially meeting myself as a kid could mess things up really badly. The same goes for averting disasters or serious accidents.

But what would I do if I was standing right next to someone, of whom I knew that he would be run over by a bus the next second? Would I abandon him to his fate? I don't think so, I just care too much for the people around me. Thus I thinks it's better for me (and for everyone else) to let the past alone.

But all in all, I don't think the human race will ever have the ability to travel in time. What makes me think that way? Well, why do bad things still happen, if we had the possibility of averting them? Or why have I never seen someone exiting from a strange spaceship telling me that he is from the year 2567?
Or maybe as soon as the human race has reached the point in which it has the ability to create a time machine they are wise enough not to tend to commit stupid things like going back in time and changing important things?

masterchief929
August 19th, 2008, 16:59
i think that the only thing a time machine would be good for would be to go into the future and get more technology and video games, and spacetravel, and all sorts of neat things.

Axelius
August 19th, 2008, 17:24
But once you're in the future, you have to go back (that is the past then). And like I said changing the past may be dangerous...

JKKDARK
August 19th, 2008, 17:36
It's expected that if you go to the past, you see it as another reality. Even if you change something there, it will not change anything in your time.

type_theEND
August 20th, 2008, 18:42
Well, since it's impossible to change the future from the past since the future that you lived in would be effected by whatever you did in the past. But, if I could change something, I'd probably make my mom buy a ton of Google stock when it was cheap, and make sure I didn't screw up with one of the girls who I could have ended up with as a girlfriend. Also, note, I'm not as pathetic as that last bit makes me sound. I just can't think of much I'd like to do =P
And JKK, your sig never stops bringing me lulz XD

pibs
August 20th, 2008, 18:51
Ha whats up SP!

two words for me, Sports Almanac. Remember how powerfull Biff was in back 2 the future 2 hahaha a man can dream ;)