PDA

View Full Version : 3001, set and g0!

wraggster
August 18th, 2008, 15:46
News from Alek (http://alek.dark-alex.org/) (part of Dark Alex Team, or maybe Dark Alex himself :P

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7186/2008081703gql7.th.png (http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008081703gql7.png)

So, at least it's more or less official. We already told when the 03g appeared on the IPL, as well as it did when 02g appeared and the fresh Slim && Lite came into scene.

Some freshly documents that can be found on the FCC webpage shown that Sony decided to send the final testing units to be tested and approved (as well as all the tech on the US has to be done before coming into market if i'm not wrong); and those documents are available.

This, once again, demonstrates that a newer revision is coming into market, a move that might probably harm some consumers that have just bought his/her first Slim, as well as happened when this one appeared.

Those documents include some graphics, statements, and the proper test reports with the (probably not final) characteristics of this psp3k. Obviously, the first thing anyone might have thought is that "hey, firstly they didn't say anything about it when asked, then they denied it, and now what they should say?" Well, this is the proper enterprise act.

What do you think about all this?

ps. All the data on this post can be totally free obtained under the FCC webpage, therefore we don't take any responsibility ;) We are not hosting any document or stuff that can be compromised with Sony corporation or the FCC rights, just making some news and showing what the users think ;P

Are Sony to finally win over the homebrew community with a PSP that stops Homebrew and also Piracy ?

mike_jmg
August 18th, 2008, 16:47
I just got my first slim, and I don't feel a tiny bit of regret.

This is going to be the newest psp available, so what. Most likely psp3k wont be able to play homebrew (or maybe DAX will do it again, LOL).

The slim is ok for me, it pretty much solved the issues I had with my phat, Marvel vs Capcom is actually playable with the new D-pad, now it fits in my pocket and wont make my pants drop. LOL

I think they can only go down hill from the slim, but we'll have to see what they're up to this time

newb_fo_life
August 18th, 2008, 17:12
I guarantee its got 4gb of ram (DDR3),8800 gtx sli,An Intel QX9770,A 4tb internal hard drive,dvd writer,UMD writer But thats just a thought ;)

o1mlc
August 18th, 2008, 17:16
Yeah I just got my Slim & Lite - have to agree with mike_jmg, I can't see what else Sony can do, half the features of the Slim & Lite aren't that useful unless you live in wi-fi central (i'm in th epoor backwater NE England)...

...if it's something else to do with more PS3 "connectivity" then I think I'll pass as I can't afford PS3 to start with!

If the 3001 was going to solve all the major PSP issues (starting with adding another analogue stick and replacing the poor d-pad) then again the age old arguement of non-compatibility with older PSPs comes into play.

However, thinking about Nintendo, GBA games were not backward compatible with GBC, but GBC games could be played on GBA...so it has worked in the past (oh yeah DS too), albeit it those cases it was effectively a new handheld...

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...but Sony surely need to focus on quality games, there's more PS1 games worth converting to eboots than actual PSP games and that's a bit of a sad fact. Plus this option is only open to those on CFW...

To be honest I'm more bothered about LocoRoco2, I've just finished FFTA2 (300) on DS so I'm at a bit of a loss...

Nikolaos
August 18th, 2008, 17:27
The 3001 will be hacked, simply because there are exploits that are being kept private. Who needs to reveal a new method of running unsigned code when we have Pandora at the moment? Besides, Unless this new PSP is more slim and lighter, then I am not buying it lol.

NoQuarter
August 18th, 2008, 17:33
I agree that it will be hacked.
Sony doesn't want stop homebrew IMHO, they just want assuage their game developers piracy fears.
It would fits sony's MO to release like this so they can cover the white,black and grey market.
They just want to sell their hardware...

A new model will push the sale of the older hardware units to the pirate and homebrew community.

alanparker05
August 18th, 2008, 21:41
If it is un-hackable then i'll bet anything that it affects hardware sales so unless sony raises it's price they are going to make less money than now and that will mean the prices of used psp's will go up

PSPdemon
August 18th, 2008, 22:09
highly unlikely that they will raise the price ( unless its something insane like hd comboed with bluetooth and all kinds of stuff... but its unlikely that they would do something like that )

even if the revision updated "SOMETHING" it wouldnt be worth the buying. I cannot imagine what they would add that would make it WORTH the update.

im happy with my slim and i ll just get the pandora next :P

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Buddy4point0
August 18th, 2008, 22:14
I've still got an original PSP.
I have had 3 original (fat) PSP's and have no intention of even buying the slim and light PSP 2000.

I'm not going to buy the PSP 3000 either, unless of coarse there are some amazing features that no one predicted.

The next handheld I will be buying is definitely going to be the Pandora.

ojdon
August 19th, 2008, 02:40
What makes you think 3000 won't be homebrew enabled? It's happened with the Slim, why not the new one?

Veskgar
August 19th, 2008, 07:37
What makes you think 3000 won't be homebrew enabled? It's happened with the Slim, why not the new one?

Its what SONY has hinted at. But yes, you can't underestimate the persistence of the homebrew community. Especially Dark_AleX and the rest of the team behind Pandora, MMS, etc. So many talented people working to keep the PSP opened to more capabilities.

When this new PSP is released we should all start donating a little so that the new PSP's can get in the hands of the devs faster.

I think the PSP Slim is excellent. I enjoy it way more than I did my original PSP. And if there are enough added stuff to the new PSP, it may be worth it to me to get one and wait/hope for homebrew to be enabled on it.

addman999
August 19th, 2008, 11:20
Maybe, hopefully sony will let us have what we want. their cannot be harm in letting hombrew developers create emualtors and apps for their console.It would improve sales if anything. But im prety sure they will ban piracy.

one things sure if they prevent homebrew they shoot themselves in the foot

BOBNESS
August 19th, 2008, 23:20
it would be cool if the new psp was homebrew enabled but that is very unlikely to happen seeing as anyone who bought it could just run pirated games without any hacking at all, so nice thought but...not going to happen :(