PDA

View Full Version : DSbible Version 2.5 released

wraggster
August 18th, 2008, 16:16
Jeremysr has updated his DSBible app for the Nintendo DS and released it into the Neoflash Coding Contest (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5272.0.html), heres the release info:

Project description: A Bible-reading app for DS.

Some main features:

- 4 Bible translations: World English Bible, Bible in Basic English, King James Version, and Louis Second 1910 (French).
- Searching
- Looking up a verse
- Bookmarks

The changelog for version 2.5:

- Fixed all the flickering
- Scrolling can be done by dragging the stylus on the text (like Moonshell)
- DSbible now has a logo/icon/titlescreen (Thanks Josiah for creating it!)
- World English Bible translation included, which has paragraph breaks and footnotes
- Footnotes and verse numbers appear in orange text (footnotes appear inline with the text)
- "Back" and "Cancel" buttons implemented all over the program
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to freeze while starting up for some people (Thanks Sebastiaan Leenders for reporting this and helping me fix it!)
- "Louis Second 1910" French translation included, and DSbible itself has been translated to French (Thanks JMS for doing both these things!)
- Loading a book is almost instantaneous
- Holding the stylus on a button in the text viewer for half a second will display a popup describing what that button does
- Bible translations and translations of DSbible can be added and removed easily by adding files or removing the files in the 'translations' and 'lang' directories.
- Bookmarked verses and search terms in the text are now highlighted
- Many minor fixes and graphics improvements have been made

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

masterchief929
August 18th, 2008, 17:52
very nice release. please keep the updates coming. this is very convenient for me when i want to read the Bible.

Vernonjr
September 24th, 2008, 22:01
Sorry to bring up an old post, but does this work with a slot 2 supercard sd? The app froze during the loading translation screen at revelation. After a quick search, I'm not the only one with this problem, thats a bummer. Any suggestions?

venus5psyche
July 1st, 2009, 14:37
hi!! i cant open the file..can u pls send me the file through my mail? tnx.. my email is [email protected]

PuNKeTa
July 2nd, 2009, 02:03
Any Spanish translations?