PDA

View Full Version : dcastaway rc2

Earny
November 12th, 2005, 01:33
Hi all

First at all, i need to say thx to Ron and Chui for this great emulator that is dcastaway.

I've tried RC1 and RC2 from Chui's website of this great emulator and i noticed that when i use it more than an hour , dreamcast crash. Can't play rick dangerous from begin to end for example.
(on a first generation dreamcast,still working)

It's a normal issue?

Also i've noticed that the games Mega twins does'nt work, blue screen.

i hope it can help you cya

ron
November 12th, 2005, 02:47
Obviously if we have to attend all user demands on working games, we'll turn crazy, some games simply dont work, others depending the disk image. I'll talk with Chui about this issue, but now the emulator shouldn't crash. Thx by the info

Earny
November 12th, 2005, 15:33
Thx Ron for your fast reply!

I wouldn't hurt you about the game compatibility:
I understand that you can turn crazy if you must to satisfy all users lol
Infact all games that i like is almost greatly compatible.

About the crash issues, i must noticed that i use demomenu and nero to burn the emu,maybe it's not the best way to use it?

Also i have two dreamcast, one from the first generation , one from the latest.( i just buy it!!)
I will try your emu on the newer one soon, so i could say if the problem is my old dream! lol (Maybe ventils don't make his job, i dunno , but other emu works great on it(?))

i heard that the rc3 is out, is that true?

ok thx again, friendly cya

chui
November 12th, 2005, 16:41
i heard that the rc3 is out, is that true?

Yes, DOWNLOAD RC3 (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/dcastaway-rc3.rar), its more stable.