PDA

View Full Version : Any help for OSX users and EBOOTS?

bemaniac
November 12th, 2005, 10:17
Hey, I am using the 1.5 version of the PSP firmware and I'm trying to put emulators on my PSP. I got one of the SNES emulators to work since it already had a ______ and a _____% folder containing a different EBOOT (im presuming this is what kxploit does). However, I want to try other emulators and most of them are just the one EBOOT file and do no load properly on my PSP.

My main problem is that I have OSX, is there some other way to get these emulators working on my PSP other than using kxploit?

b8a
November 12th, 2005, 11:27
This requires OSX 10.4.1, but it should provide the same functionality as KXploit:

http://www.kaisakura.com/homebrew.php

I'm still using 10.3.9 (no real reason to upgrade yet) so I haven't been able to verify if this program works or not. If you are able to use it successfully, I'd appreciate it if you'd make a quick post to that effect.

The option I've been using, that works quite well, is to use KXploit in Virtual PC, so if you've got that you may want to give it a try. The only snag I ran into is that Windows 98 (running in Virtual PC) stopped recognizing my PSP after only a few connects so I had to upgrade to Win2000 and everythings been working great since then. But then again, most developers have been releasing 1.50 ready EBOOT's these days, so I've only ever had to use it a few times.

Good luck!