PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 09 released for the original Xbox

JKKDARK
August 19th, 2008, 18:16
http://www.slashgear.com/madden-nfl-09-announced-for-the-original-xbox-3113232.php

How many of you still game on your Xbox? No, I’m not talking about your 360, but that old clunky box with the giant controllers. Well those of you that haven’t upgraded to a current-gen console are in luck, as EA has just announced that they will be bringing Madden NFL 09 to the original Xbox.

I’d say that someone simply made an error while composing a press release, however, EA really wants to make games for the original Xbox. When contacted for confirmation of the announcement, an EA rep had this to say.

Our consumers play a big role in deciding what platforms to release games on. Last generation consoles, e.g. Xbox and PS2, proved to still be viable platforms last year, so as long as enough people are playing on them, there’s a chance we’ll release a game for it.

I know that the PS2 is still far from being dead, however, I really thought that the Xbox was. Sure, people still have fun installing Linux on them from time to time, but is there really enough of a user-base to justify porting a new title to it?

This is the last commercial game released for Xbox, in August 12, 2008

Eviltaco64
August 19th, 2008, 19:26
That's cool.
Im pretty sure that they'd make some extra cash if they ported some PS2 games to Xbox. Im sure it'd be easy to do as well.

royvedas
August 19th, 2008, 20:45
Long live the original Xbox!

jamotto
August 19th, 2008, 23:28
So the Xbox is going to get a gimped version, oh yea.

jrsmaster411
August 20th, 2008, 00:39
wow first game to come out for original xbox since madden 08. The only people I see buying this are people who don't want to pay $60 for the 360 version

Wordsworth
October 30th, 2008, 21:32
The only people I see buying this are people who don't want to pay $60 for the 360 version
Or those who think the next gen versions are shit.

I'm not sure why, but the 360 version is awful. Yeah, the grass looks great, and the stadiums and crowds finally look realistic, but the players look like 'roided up dwarfs and the gameplay is sub par. It plays like an arcade game.

So I, personally, am glad they chose to release it.

Edit: Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Eviltaco64
October 30th, 2008, 22:09
I wonder if they'd release Madden '10 on Xbox original.