PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware v2.5 Exploit

wraggster
November 14th, 2005, 19:30
PSP3d.com (http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=39) have posted some great news with videos of a new exploit for the Firmware V2.5 PSPs, heres the info they posted:

"Incuded are 2 movies 1 shows my software as 2.5. And the other shows My psp view the included EBOOT and lock up because the EBOOT contains the overflow.tif from the MPH downgrader. After it locked up I cut the power and rebooted. My psp worked fine after I rebooted it. No downgrade yet from this. but the EBOOT included bypasses the TIF patch because the psp TIF patch does not affect the EBOOT handler"

Interesting news, download the videos from the link above and let us know what you think ?

Remember the site above is the official source and not other sites who dont like linking to release sites.

ForteGSX
November 14th, 2005, 19:46
Good news, but I still have a 1.50 and not upgrading for anything.

Cap'n 1time
November 14th, 2005, 19:57
i dont understand... if they upgraded the tif lib so that the exploit couldnt work... how could the tif exploit work? or mabey sony is just stupid and they didnt do that...

jimjamjahaa
November 14th, 2005, 20:00
band width exceeded. dont suppose anyone has a cached version or can give anyone who hasnt seen it the general gist. or upload the videos?

Insane1
November 14th, 2005, 20:46
So...what's being said here is the TIF exlpoit can still be used through an eboot?

jimjamjahaa
November 14th, 2005, 21:23
but the eboot needs the tif, but the tif needs the eboot, but.... *head explodes*

SmashinGit
November 14th, 2005, 22:19
LOL! The boss of Sony won't be happy!

Terial
November 14th, 2005, 22:44
what... exactly does this mean? lol will a bit of tweaking to the tif and/or EBOOTloader for 2.0 mean homebrew can be run on 2.5? mmm... what really needs to be done is to find out how to run all unsigned code on a 2.0/5 PSP. wish I could program and help out in anyway. :rolleyes:

vichhaykhiev
November 14th, 2005, 22:55
I'm so confuse right now, don't know what to do........ when i put fw 2.5 in the update folder, and then i open it, it stuck , it doesn't go anywhere...... please help me out.....

Terial
November 14th, 2005, 23:07
why is it anyway that we don't have acess to kernel-mode? what's stopping us from using it?

YourStillWithMe
November 14th, 2005, 23:13
What this is basically saying guys is that the capabilities of the 2.00 firmware will probably soon be available though 2.50 and possibly a downgrade. Because if the psp recognizes that overflow.tif file all we need to do is make it function on there and than figure out if it can read a certain files from the psp's root. I think it is very possible because half of us im sure thought the downgrade would only work on 1.51 or .52 because 2.00 wouldnt even load an eboot!!?

Question if you got an eboot to load umm what the hell did you do to make it load!?

vichhaykhiev
November 14th, 2005, 23:30
Before i didn't know..... i just want to see what new when i update to the new firmware. But this time i'm not going to update no more unlease they have downgrade for it. if this time all u guy can downgrade 2.5 to 1.5 i will thank thank thank a lots.

groovemaster303
November 14th, 2005, 23:44
having a downgrader would be ok for some but at the end of the day either 2.0 or 2.5 needs to be hacked proper as i see many games using the GTA style of requiring 2.0+ or not at all.
1.5 is going to be obsolete soon enough who wants fastloader,devhook etc if even your own umd's/iso's won't work. the psp is just really getting its second wave of games being released and i can't see anybody sticking with 1.5 if they can't play next years big games when we really will see the psp's true potential unleashed.

Zephyroth_drgs
November 15th, 2005, 01:00
Good news, but I still have a 1.50 and not upgrading for anything.

agree :rolleyes:

vichhaykhiev
November 15th, 2005, 02:20
awsome psp fw 3.00. check this one out
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GXN9C88C2MKD3N2360G24AWMK

believe me or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
im just 14 ys if something u don't like plz don't blame....sry

Flipao
November 15th, 2005, 02:48
ROFL... anyone knows how many times can the Firmware flash be written to before people begin to send their PSPs back?

:)

cloudd
November 15th, 2005, 08:08
Well how many times can you write to flash cards? 1000x about. Memory in the PSP is flash ram so the same applies

vincesecuricor2005
November 15th, 2005, 08:52
hmmmm so at the rate sony keep upping the firmware werer gonna need new psps in a year or so lol

*o*
November 15th, 2005, 09:16
you can rewrite flash memory about 100000 times...

vincesecuricor2005
November 15th, 2005, 12:39
ok with the new info (100000 times) maybe they will last 2 years lol, i just hate up/downgradin my baby so much

cloudd
November 15th, 2005, 17:37
I doubt they die quick, I mean cameras use flash cards and that is constant write/reading and erasing. I have never had one die or heard of one dying. As for the 10 0000 times it is an estimate so unless someone wants to try it. I am sure you can flash and reflash without worrying about killing the flash ram. I would be more worried about a power failure in the middle of the flash of a corrupt hacked update or a virus.

YourStillWithMe
November 15th, 2005, 21:56
The person with the sephiroth pic---dont keep upgrading and downgrading your psp Each time you do so your risking bricking your psp, you do know that, right? its low but hey things happen and it is possible.

vincesecuricor2005
November 15th, 2005, 23:33
oh no no no ive dngraded only twice and have no plans to do it again cos i cannot afford a new psp (not with the prices over here anyway), i hate the THOUGHT of havin to do it so muchh i jus sold gta as it jus wasnt worth losing all the greatness 1.5 has to offer me...