PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mario Kart Bricking the DS.

malrak
November 14th, 2005, 21:48
I'm a little confused about the whole bricking thing. I just got an M3 Adapter, so I guess I need to learn what its all about. But for now, I have a question about Mario Kart DS.

I saw on here and other sites that it bricks DS systems with FlashMe. As I said, I picked up and M3 Adapter.. did that change my firmware? If I bought or downloaded Mario Kart 64 DS, can I safely play it, or will it brick my system?

King DS
November 15th, 2005, 09:10
go to the DSLINUX site coz theres a huge messafe on the main page of the same contents, they have a patch that should help.

www.dslinux.org

malrak
November 15th, 2005, 22:50
Thanks!

I'm still confused though. I don't use FlashMe, I use a M3 Adapter with Passkey. What I was wondering, is that I if I bought Mario Kart DS, would this do something to my Firmware (update, for example) so that I can no longer use the M3? Or would it brick the DS if I tried to run the rom from the M3?

Anyone know?

King DS
November 15th, 2005, 22:58
best thing to do is NOT tell everyone that your gonna get the rom coz thats kinda breaking the rules and could get you banned as it is illegal. apart from that, sign up on the ds linuz site and ask there, if they made it they would know more.

malrak
November 16th, 2005, 00:15
For what it's worth... I bought it. I had every intention of buying it all along. I'm just kind of afraid to open it and run it at this point.

Thanks for the info!

King DS
November 16th, 2005, 14:36
Dude! you brought it but haven played it? id be kicking myself if i did that! i woudlnt be able to do that, its like. what i need is there... i realy need it, i can have it, i got it, but im not gonna use it!!???

dude, your a brave man... but i worry for you :D