PDA

View Full Version : DC Fails to load discs when tray is shut

spamman
November 15th, 2005, 09:13
Hi guys, I recently got hold of a dreamcast and have found it has a really strange problem. When I insert a disc and close the lid, the game fails to load and occasionally will start looking for a disc. However when I don't close the lid fully but rather have it weighted down so it won't fly open or click into its slot, everything works fine. What is going on and how can I fix it?

stanley
November 18th, 2005, 15:23
You have a problem with the switch under the cd lid. Unplug the dreamcast and turn it upside down, remove the four retaining screws located in the base. Hold the dreamcast firmley by the sides and turn it the right way up. Now pop open the CD lid, important that you do this first, and lift the top half of the case off. now clean the little black switch, likley it has fluff between it and the swinging arm on the CD lid. looking from the front of the Dreamcast, the switch is on the right just behind the CD ROM/GD ROM mechanism. reassemble the Dreamcast in the reverse order, Dont turn it upside down without the top half of the case on or the CD ROM/GD ROM mechanism will fall out. Hope that helps, let me know how you get on.