PDA

View Full Version : Hillcrest Labs Sues Nintendo to Keep the Wii Out of America

Eviltaco64
August 20th, 2008, 19:02
via Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5039544/hillcrest-labs-sues-nintendo-to-keep-the-wii-out-of-america)

http://www.wikinomics.com/blog/uploads/wii.JPG

Now this is interesting. Hillcrest Labs is suing Nintendo, trying to create an import ban on the Wii. They claim that Nintendo is infringing on a number of their patents relating to the Wiimote and the on-screen menu system on the Wii. The whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense to us, as we were under the impression that both Nintendo and Hillcrest Labs licensed their tech from Gyration. We're looking into this now, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that an import ban on the Wii is pretty unlikely. Hit the jump for Hillcrest's full press release.

Read the rest at Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5039544/hillcrest-labs-sues-nintendo-to-keep-the-wii-out-of-america)

Jay6
August 20th, 2008, 19:18
Stupid companies just want money that isn't theirs. >_>;

mcdougall57
August 20th, 2008, 20:03
Every games company bows before nintendo.

drkztan
August 20th, 2008, 20:22
well thats...
interesting
it'll happen right after hussein resurects and violates their mothers xD

type_theEND
August 20th, 2008, 20:39
Every games company bows before nintendo.

You're forgetting everybody but Sega.

Also, if these people win, ima do something ridiculous. Everyone, what should I do if Hillcrest wins?

____anders____
August 20th, 2008, 22:01
haha!

that's not ever going to happen..
stupid....
..jackass

@type:
just burn hillcrest labs place down! xD

XXXW0
August 20th, 2008, 22:01
Everybody wants to take a crack at nintendo because now they're on top of hardware sales, (but their software is doing terrible for core gamers) and companies do want money that isn't theirs AND LOTS OF IT!!!!

goshogun1
August 20th, 2008, 22:13
Oh great. Another misuse of the American patent system. If these Hillcrest goons wanted to make money, they should have made and released the Wii themselves. If not, they should sit down and shut up! Just because Nintendo has money, every small company that owns a patent shouldn't try to sue them. It is getting silly with all the lawsuits.
If this did happen, and Nintendo was banned. I bet everyone would love Hillcrest....right? :rolleyes:

vicious1988
August 21st, 2008, 00:48
Its all a conspiracy by Sony. They want to rid themselves of the competition so that they can actually sell some consoles.

type_theEND
August 21st, 2008, 01:47
Its all a conspiracy by Sony. They want to rid themselves of the competition so that they can actually sell some consoles.

Wouldn't they destroy Microsoft first? The 360 has the same audience as the PS3 =P

@goshogun1: I wouldn't be too sad if Nintendo got pwnt. Then my Wii would sell for more when I sell it =D

masterchief929
August 21st, 2008, 02:28

Also, if these people win, ima do something ridiculous. Everyone, what should I do if Hillcrest wins?

i thought Ninty owns Sega now....

jarshale
August 21st, 2008, 03:22
yeah im pretty sure Nintendo bought Sega lol

trugamer
August 21st, 2008, 12:02
Are you being sarcastic? it isn't very clear on forums...

type_theEND
August 22nd, 2008, 02:40
i thought Ninty owns Sega now....
I don't think they own sega, but I do believe Sega is nintendo's bitch.
Read that carefully, I quoted someone who said every game company bows before Nintendo. Therefore, only Sega bows before them. READ CAREFULLY >=(

grossaffe
August 22nd, 2008, 19:41

what ever happened to sega? :confused:

Eviltaco64
August 22nd, 2008, 20:54
Lol to the people who think Nintendo owns Sega.

type_theEND
August 22nd, 2008, 22:33
what ever happened to sega? :confused:

Well, Ninty raped them. They're now basically Ninty's bitch. Have been since about when the Dreamcast was discontinued.

grossaffe
August 23rd, 2008, 08:01
Well, Ninty raped them. They're now basically Ninty's bitch. Have been since about when the Dreamcast was discontinued.

that was more of a rhetorical question pointing out sega's absence as a major player anymore.