PDA

View Full Version : US boasts largest software line-up for Xbox 360 launch

wraggster
November 15th, 2005, 18:02
Following the announcement detailing the Xbox 360 launch titles available in Europe in December, Microsoft has revealed its US software package, which includes an additional three games on the shelves from day one.

In addition to the fifteen titles heading for Europe, US gamers will be able to buy Ridge Racer 6, NBA 2K6 and NHL 2K6 when the next generation console launches throughout North America on November 22nd.

2K Games had initially intended to offer the NBA and NHL games in both territories from launch, though it seems the conversion from NTSC to PAL formats has taken a little longer than anticipated. The company has managed to complete the snowboarding title, Amped 3, which is confirmed as a launch title in both the US and the EU.

Both territories will have instant access to the improved Xbox Live service, including new casual games and downloads from the Xbox Live Arcade service. Accessories and console face-plates available from day one will also be similar in the US and Europe.

The full US launch day line-up of 18 titles consists of:

Amped 3
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup
GUN
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark Zero
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Project Gotham Racing 3
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Microsoft confirmed that several further titles, including Dead or Alive 4, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Ridge Racer 6 are due to hit European shores "in the weeks after launch and beyond." To date, confirmation on the software titles available for the Japanese console launch on December 10th has yet to be announced.

Hevyduty
November 15th, 2005, 19:52
I'm disappointed that only five or six of the games are actual XB360 exclusives. So 18 games seems like an inflated number. It's more like 5 games and a slew of rehashes and games from other consoles with upgraded graphics. Not being a graphics whore myself, I'd rather have totally new content. Not the same content dressed up.

So like I mentioned in the other thread, it's a pretty horrendous launch line up. But that's okay. PS2 and DS had lousy launches and now they dominate. PSP had a pretty good launch lineup but now it's stagnated. In the end, the launch has little do with the future.

What really matters is what Microsoft does between now and the PS3 launch, not what Microsoft does specifically on November 22.

That said, PGR3 will be incredible.