PDA

View Full Version : MENUdo [Coffee Sabaw Demo] - PS3 XMB for DS

wraggster
August 20th, 2008, 20:36
Soulanger (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5246.0.html) has posted an entry into the Neoflash Compo:

Best way to describe it is by looking at the video. Basically it massively beautifies your Cart's gui, with an PS3 theme as a default gui.

http://www.youtube.com/v/oyanE7Tx5fg

How to customize the menu.

The full customization relies on the ini.
There are two ways of editing via notepad or Menudo Assistant. This tutorial helps explain the functions.
Open up system_theme.ini. The ini is somehow similar to an html, honestly it feels like a scripting language to me.

Menu0runs = fat:/TTMENU.nds
If you press A while on Goto Original Menu (Menu0) it would run:
fat:/TTMENU.nds

You can also change it make it to view a folder by linking it with the folder instead.

Menu7runs = games
When you run Menu6Runs(Games) it explores the games folder.

There are also special functions like:
gba - loads slot2
power - powers off

to use it just add it after the Menu(X)runs =
like so:
Menu8runs = power

Misc Stuffs:

You can speed up the animation by holding the B button while navigating.

To open a file via stylus slide the name towards to the left.

You can hold the buttons in directions before you power on your ds to do autorun runs.
Ini Example:
startupUP = fat:/TTMENU.nds
startupDOWN = games
startupLEFT = fat:/Halo_ds.nds
startupRIGHT= fat:/beup.nds
It uses the same style with the menu(X)runs.

If you can load any homebrews, try changing the ini:
//auto
//Chishm's DLDI Loader
//M3 Internal Loader
//GBAMP Internal Loader
//EZ-Flash IV (4) Internal Loader
//SuperCard Internal Loader

NDSloader = 0
the 0 variable runs auto detection.

The complexity of the customization would make it flexible.
Sorry but this demo is very unuserfriendly.
Make sure you extract all to root then dldi. I just noticed this version is very complicated but still I Hope you guys would enjoy.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

da_head
August 20th, 2008, 21:00
Finally Woot

madcat1990
August 20th, 2008, 21:18
this...disapointed me...

pas
August 20th, 2008, 22:08
this...disapointed me...

I totally agree, this is totally unuasable, and even worse, I use a DS Phat and this app always shuts the backlight down.

zondajag
August 20th, 2008, 22:28
anyone used this with the cyclods? Can you get it to boot straight to this instead of the cyclods menu?

da_head
August 20th, 2008, 22:31
uh yeah has anyone got this workin yet? i kind of ignored all the "customization" things. i put all the files in a folder. when i loaded the nds, it made weird noises, then my ds shut off o.o that's never happened before. do i need to put all the files on root or something? and do i need to rename the nds file to autorun or something? i have a r4 btw

Steely
August 20th, 2008, 23:09
I'll download it... Play around a bit, maybe.

fell-eese
August 20th, 2008, 23:22
I totally agree, this is totally unuasable, and even worse, I use a DS Phat and this app always shuts the backlight down.

my backlight shuts down too, then ds stops working. seems so good on the video as well....

HiRuMi
August 21st, 2008, 00:31
I waited all this time....

and I get an unusable xmblite?... *depressed*

madcat1990
August 21st, 2008, 04:24
maybe I should have gone forward and programmed one myself, pitty I don't know things like, boot slot2, homebrew, and etc.. XD

Mini Moose
August 21st, 2008, 04:42
You need to dump all of the files into the root of your card.

crookedmouth
August 21st, 2008, 05:40
I think I'm going to wait after I've frigged with it a bit before, I become disappointed or god forbid *depressed*, lol ;)
It looks cool and promising, really like the interface. So far all it can see on my card is scummvm, going to play with the INI a bit.

HiRuMi
August 21st, 2008, 07:16
I dumped everything on the root...
But still can't do anything... Even running homebrew gives me blacks screens...
It can't detect NDS ROMS and I get an error everytime I run the assistant.... + etc

I don't understand the system_theme.ini...

There are 9 Menus but the system.ini show 8 only?...
And theres no menu for NDS ROMS just Homebrew, Emulator and, Slot-2 under Games

And how do I make it my default gui? (replacing R4 menu)

soulanger
August 21st, 2008, 08:56
this...disapointed me...
I apologize for those who are all disapointed.
I know that this version is very unuser friendly.
This is still a demo, though. :(

crookedmouth
August 21st, 2008, 11:09

Don't listen to the negativity, thank you for your work. Like I said this looks very good and for a first release it is great. It shows how slick this homebrew could be.
You have worked and given something on your own time and I think most people appreciate that.
Thanks again. :)

mariocdl
August 21st, 2008, 13:04
Ive tried it and it works great on my TTDS, people are just annoyed that it doesnt work on thier cart. Thanks!

samus90
August 21st, 2008, 16:09
Ive tried it and it works great on my TTDS, people are just annoyed that it doesnt work on thier cart. Thanks!
Well, I'm not that annoyed, but I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get it working on an r4.
If so, how'd did ya get it working?

I know that most really good home brew takes a while to setup :)

unholy3000
August 21st, 2008, 20:30
Well, I'm not that annoyed, but I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get it working on an r4.
If so, how'd did ya get it working?

I know that most really good home brew takes a while to setup :)

Well its starts up on my i havent tried loading anything from is but like im at the menu thing if thats what you mean...and tha ts on my r4

m-p{3}
August 21st, 2008, 21:26
For a demo, I found it wasn't bad at all. I actually liked how fluid the menu is. I agree there is definitely some work to be done, but it is heading to be a great homebrew menu :)

giopagent12
August 21st, 2008, 22:04
Not a bad release, but needs mucho work.

SchecterRocker
August 22nd, 2008, 06:00
Soulanger, you have nothing to apologize for. I absolutely love your app. When I tried it out, I couldn't believe people said they were disappointed! :( It's people like you who keep me coming back to DS homebrew.

Keep up the good work, and thank you for your awesome app! :thumbup:

San_Telmo
August 22nd, 2008, 09:14
Hey,

Thanks for your hard work on this soulanger- it looks amazing.

I'm a bit new to homebrew, unfortunately I couldn't get it to work.

So I need to extract all the files and dump everything on the root of the flashcard? (extracting all the gifs etc from the subfolders?)

I have a M3DS Real with auto DLDI patching so do I need to do anything extra?

Thanks again

samus90
August 23rd, 2008, 02:10
so, unholy3000, how did you do it? (the setup for the r4, I mean.) Did you just patch the .nds file and put everything including the assistant into the root? or there was another way?

crookedmouth
August 23rd, 2008, 04:19
so, unholy3000, how did you do it? (the setup for the r4, I mean.) Did you just patch the .nds file and put everything including the assistant into the root? or there was another way?

Just put everything from menudoSabawBin.rar in the root of your microSD, I pre-patched with r4 dldi . Since you have to configure your system_theme.ini file quite a bit, the assistant is supposed to help make this simple, but for me if I use the modified INI made with the assistant, the Menu crashes. So I had to configure it manually. It seems to automatically look for .nds files in folders.
Keep in mind this is a DEMO, I have not booted anything with this app.
Anyway thanks again soulanger, nice work.

TheDevilWithinJordz
August 23rd, 2008, 16:26
Looks pretty good, works fine on my edge card.
Of course, still needs work.
But thats because this is only a demo :p

giopagent12
August 23rd, 2008, 16:41
samus90, maybe the problem is that you are extracting the files to a folder, then putting it on the sd card. You just have to extract all the files and drag them into the root of your sd card.

madcat1990
August 26th, 2008, 02:14
well, yeah, it needs a little work, and a little more user friendlyness, and one thing that's been bothering me!

when you press left or right, the "transaction" should've been faster!

samus90
August 26th, 2008, 02:27
Ah, thanks! I got it working now!
GREAT APP!!

grodriguez
November 13th, 2008, 21:34
this link is missing a file
xmblite.rar

zauberer
November 16th, 2008, 05:09
This is so amazing. I am so glad that a homebrewer has been able to make such GUI.

I am on to test it with my friends, so we'll give a word on this awesome application you made.

Thanks for your work I hope to seeing more fine releases.

SifJar
December 1st, 2008, 20:09
it says in the instructions on neoflash there should be a file xmblite.rar. my download didn't have it. anybody got it? do i need it to get it to work properly?

the final
January 6th, 2009, 16:46
tahnk u

benjibar
March 11th, 2009, 14:07
I've got an M3 Ds Real and i don't understand your tutorial :confused:
:D:D:D
And i'ts me or it doesn't work in my linker...

kingghaffari
January 20th, 2010, 01:21

I cannot believe that Soulanger made something everybody wants. AND released it early, because everybody wanted him to. But you guys are still dissapointed. Give the guy some time.

matureGTA
February 17th, 2011, 18:07
Gagun gagungagun gagungagun gagungagun gagungagun gagun gagun gagun gagun gagun gagun gagun gagun gagun

zhaochen0507
April 17th, 2012, 12:55
宝中之宝!