PDA

View Full Version : Sony to reveal PS3 today !

wraggster
February 7th, 2005, 19:50
later today at the laugh-riot known as Solid-States Circuit Conference, Sony will finally unleash their big gun - information.[br][br]For later today in sea-breeze swept San Francisco, Sony will formally unveil The Cell, a chip rumoured to be so powerful that it can fly a space-shuttle via Bluetooth while also ensuring two hot, buttery wholemeal slices pop up the moment that you get home. [br][br]Designed in cooperation with IBM and Toshiba, the chip will be at the heart of everything from the PS3 to the next generation of desktop PCs. It will even appear in a slightly reduced form in TVs and PDAs. [br][br]By studying the early plans for the chip already on show in the US patent office, industry experts believe that the 64-bit chip could be 10 times faster than the current generation of PC processors, even running at an astonishing 4.6 gigahertz.[br][br]So far both Nintendo and Microsoft are yet to reveal any detail on the tech-specs of their new technology but new rumours have emerged about the names for their next-gen consoles. [br][br]So while we've all heard of Xenon and Xbox 2, the latest rumoured moniker to appear for the Microsoft console is Xbox 360. [br][br]But since the same internet sources have hinted that Nintendo's Revolution may receive the tag Nintendo 21, we think this name might go the same way as those other temporary titles: PSX (PSone), Dolphin (N64), Katana (Dreamcast) and Starcube (Gamecube).

DCVPBC
February 9th, 2005, 01:02
Sounds cool, but I'll wait a year or so after release to see if they explode, burst into flames or fall apart before I buy one. :P

Oh, and I got some name ideas for the new systems.

Sony can call theirs the "PUS" (Pay Up Suckers) ;) Or the "PSS" (Peripherals Sold Seperately) And their new slogan can be "If you really want multiplayer gaming, you can pay us more for a multiplayer adapter or a modem and net access.....cha-ching!" ;D And their next handheld can be the "HIYP"(Hand In Your Pocket) ::)

Nintendo can mix a name from their past with a new hip soundin name and call their new system "The Nintendo Power Unit" or "The P-Unit" for short. ;D ;D

ptr.exe
March 2nd, 2005, 20:09
'Xbox 360' sounds okay but 'Nintendo 21' thats just crap, sounds like lies to me, lies make baby jesus cry.

Mental2k
March 3rd, 2005, 14:36
I want the xbox xenon cause it sounds teh leet >:(

Mental2k
March 3rd, 2005, 14:46
I sound like a fan boy :P

chinknation
March 8th, 2005, 05:24
do you have any pics??

Darksaviour69
March 8th, 2005, 12:18
if there where any pics they would be allover the net of it

Mental2k
March 9th, 2005, 00:02
ah but wraggs is a superior being, he has everything.