PDA

View Full Version : PSP-3000's LCD screen is twice as fast

Eviltaco64
August 21st, 2008, 16:49
via PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/08/21/psp-3000s-lcd-screen-is-twice-as-fast/):

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2008/08/psp3000jpnwh.jpg

So what exactly are the improvements made to the PSP-3000's newly upgraded LCD screen? According to a report by Engadget Japan, the screen is more colorful, has a stronger contrast ratio, and to the praise of gamers everywhere, has a faster response time. The official stats? Color gamut is twice as wide. The contrast ratio is improved 5 times. The response time has doubled. For gamers that have complained about the PSP-1000 and 2000's slow response time (which creates a ghosting effect in certain games), this is certainly good news.

indstr
August 21st, 2008, 21:43
Looks really nice. I'm going to wait until this thing is hizzacked and then sell my Phat.

mike_jmg
August 21st, 2008, 22:05
Damn you sony, I'll only get one if DAX manages to put CFW on it

nahh, I'll better get the 160Gb ps3 and forget about this

chuggman
August 22nd, 2008, 00:17
Looks nice. Still wonder if we could just swap the new LCD screens onto an older PSP and still see the better contrast and response time or if there is a change to the Mobo and/or firmware that needs to work in conjunction with the new screen to see the difference? Guess I'll have to wait and see. would be great if I get a new screen and put it into my psp 1000 and see the same effect!

Buddy4point0
August 22nd, 2008, 00:25
Now that's what I'm talking about!

About time they fixed the screen.
In my opionion they should have just made the PSP 2000 like this in the first place.

I'll probably get one after DAX gets homebrew on it.

woop
August 22nd, 2008, 00:32
Did anybody else notice the builtin mic????:confused:

Zack
August 22nd, 2008, 00:53
If the screen can in fact be used on normal PSP's I will be buying a new screen for my slim :)

If not, I *May* consider getting one, that is quite an upgrade.

The screen response time and contrast ratio always let the PSP down. The response time especially, hopefully this new PSP screen will have no or barley any ghosting :D

jxx2005
August 22nd, 2008, 01:05
built in mic + better screen

if CFW didnt exist then i'd be all "WOO TIME TO UPGRADE"
but i'll join the general concensus

and wait for CFW on it

Veskgar
August 22nd, 2008, 06:13
That screen is going to be awesome. And if homebrew can ever be run on these, homebrew and emulation will look amazing as well.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting one. I love the addition of the mic!

Omatic
August 22nd, 2008, 07:18
I've been considering upgrading from the phat, so it is welcome news that this update isn't just "now it's 7% lighter!". Here's hoping there'll be custom firmware on it sooner rather than later - I still have a huge backlog of 16-bit classics to play.

crazyhare
August 22nd, 2008, 08:29
Why are Sony bringing out a new PSP?, instead of supporting the suckers whose money they've already got with some decent new games, what about Loco Roco 2 and GT-P.

discombobulated
August 22nd, 2008, 12:57
I wouldn't hardly call us suckers. I'd own a PSP just for being able to play so many of the old console games. Though for my needs, I'm seriously considering the Pandora (http://openpandora.org/).

StuiWooi
August 22nd, 2008, 14:19
Response time has doubled?! I hope you mean halved...

newb_fo_life
August 22nd, 2008, 14:27
LOL Posts: 1,337 AHAHHHAHAHAHA

Aryn
August 22nd, 2008, 16:35
OK, so the PSP is being upgraded again. Big deal. What is actually done with the upgrades should matter more, and SONY is yet to prove that this new PSP is worth the investment.
On a side note, if the screen is really more easily viewable under bright lights and plenty of features are added using the microphone, that will be a major improvement and I might consider getting it at the moment that it is hacked.

bah
August 23rd, 2008, 05:22
....The response time has doubled......

I really think they meant halved.

I wonder how 'pandora proof' this thing will be.