PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew AnyRegion Changer

Linguist
August 21st, 2008, 16:53
source:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/AnyRegion_Changer

From wiibrew.org:

AnyRegion Changer is an application which allows you to change various region and language settings on your Wii. It also allows you to install the System Menu of another region if you so desire.

Features

AnyRegion Changer lets you change the following settings to any of the known values:

setting.txt:

AREA setting: Used to determine which region the System Menu should be--normally the cause of full bricks.
GAME setting: Used to determine which region of Discs and channels (?) the console can play.
VIDEO setting: The Wii's video mode setting. Seems to be used universally.

SYSCONF:

IPL.LANG setting: Used to determine what language to use for various things. Sometimes contingent on AREA setting.
IPL.SADR country setting: Used to determine region information for the Weather/News channels and the Wii Shop channel.

AnyRegion Changer will also install System Menu 3.2 and the appropriate IOS for any of the three main regions.

The system menu installation feature should work universally. That is, regardless of what System Menu you have installed, you should be able to upgrade/downgrade to 3.2 for any region with this feature. This is accomplished via a temporary patched IOS which incorporates bushing's IOSDelete patch and Waninkoko's AddTicket version check patch. This IOS is only installed if necessary, and it is deleted immediately after use.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 21st, 2008, 18:52
:) now all wii need is a loader Cant find any DL on page...

kurosakinaruto-
August 22nd, 2008, 15:12
will this brick ur wii if u have a mod chip

idan2468
August 24th, 2008, 09:00
i have wii jap in jap white this i can patch my wii and the lenguge can be english or have something to do this ?