PDA

View Full Version : PSP Talkman Released

wraggster
November 16th, 2005, 13:14
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/talkman.jpg

A voice-activated translation software application designed originally to teach English to Japanese PSP owners. Outside of pure translations, Talkman lets players play games to test their fluency of a language.

Product Features

Can convert between 4 languages; English, Japanese, Chinese, Hangul
Comes with USB monaural condenser microphone that attaches to the PSP
Mic frequency 100Hz - 10KHz

More information Here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=7653&lsaid=219793

echel0n
November 16th, 2005, 19:00
wish there was a better choice of languages

pkmusicmaker
November 16th, 2005, 20:05
wish there was a better choice of languages

Yeah seriously, what happened to Italian, Spanish, French, etc? I have a feeling after everyone buys it, they'll release one with all those languages and give it a fancy name.

mog
November 16th, 2005, 20:39
this game/software sounds great! i can get better at japanese and learn chinese and korean while im at it :)
im more interested at the moment in getting better at reading japanese but hopefully this program can help with that too. :D

i think its understandable that this software, made by japanese developers, initially to be released in japan, should be made for those four languages and not french, german, spanish and italian... i think its probably unlikely it will be remade for those languages as well.

the game has been made so that the user can choose their own language and then choose the foreign language to learn... japanese -> korean, english -> japanese, etc...

vincesecuricor2005
November 17th, 2005, 02:53
cool i wanna speak jap, definately gotta get this

biocat
November 17th, 2005, 09:43
All the advertisements I've seen around here in Tokyo market Talk Man as a kind of phrase translator rather than an education tool. It seems geared more towards someone traveling abroad than someone trying to learn another language. It does say it has over 3,000 phrases available, but I would keep in mind its intention if you plan to purchase.

vincesecuricor2005
November 17th, 2005, 10:09
still want it its something different innit

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
November 18th, 2005, 21:44
Has anyone got this Magical Device Yet

CABBAGES
December 19th, 2005, 20:17
I got it but the mic dosnt seem to work ??? anyone any ideas what i need to do ?