PDA

View Full Version : Tectoy releases Master System 3

wraggster
August 21st, 2008, 20:33
Last week, the Brazilian Sega licensee released another iteration of the 8-bit platform they insist in keeping alive. It's called the Master System 3 (not to be confused with the classic Master System III). The new console has a "modern" design remarkably similar to the 1990's Mega Drive, and comes with 131 built-in, G-rated games. Opinions on the local blogs have been a bit harsh, criticizing the lack of a cartridge slot and steep price tag (about 133USD, or half a Playstation 2 in the gray market).

The Master System III comes with a pair of Mega Drive-ish six-button controllers -- I'm not sure what for: as far as I know the only SGM game to use more than two buttons was Tectoy's own Street Fighter II port, which is not included in the list (probably due to licensing issues). Somewhat amusingly, SGM3 also features composite video output --- old hardware dressed for a new world.

http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/002491.html

JKKDARK
August 21st, 2008, 20:49
It hasn't a cartridge slot, that's terrible :/

Saracchini
August 21st, 2008, 22:02
Since my old Master System III has broken i was looking for another.,but without cartridge slot.... no way papito ! Few emulators plays games like Pyshic World and Shadow Dancer as a real console.
And Tectoy aways overprice their consoles... with the same price i can get an new DS or used PSP.