PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid Coming to PSP

wraggster
November 16th, 2005, 19:14
Source - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000743068252/)

According to French gaming site, jeux-france.com, Hideo Kojima has confirmed (via his blog) the development of a new Metal Gear title for the Sony PSP. To be clear, this is not another Acid sequel. Apparently, Kojima got together with Shinta Nojiri (Metal Gear Acid 2), Noriaki Okamura (Zone of the Enders), and several others to toss around ideas. Eventually, the group Hideo Kojima deemed several suggestions “satisfactory,” thus beginning the initial phase of production. Could this mean that the Metal Gear Solid series is finally headed to the PSP?

http://www.jeux-france.com/news13294_metal-gear-psp-a-l-etude.html

Cenn
November 16th, 2005, 21:14
hmm,they definitely read too much into the blog.
the original japanese text does not mention metal gear at all.
in fact, it's probably safe to say they did not mention the metal gear series on purpose, so that ppl would not jump the gun.

all it says in the blog is that they had a brainstorming session for a PSP project. kojima liked the ideas, thought they would make a revolutionary new game, and the director of metal gear acid 2 asked to be director of the project (and was allowed to).

so, maybe ppl shouldn't get too hyper about this.

EDIT: you know what? i went back to read the jeux-france article, and IT
also said nothing about the project being metal gear. it just said the director of the project is Shinta Nojiri of MGA2.
Joystiq needs to get its head straight.

mr_snake3rd
November 16th, 2005, 21:19
Wow!! how cool would it be if they actually had the 3rd person metal gear solid games for the psp, it would be a great technical achievment but when sony increase the psps power to 333mhz a metal gear solid action game should work no prob, and it could easily have wireless play like in metal gear solid 3 subsistance well i hope they do a good job of it!

do u think they should port metal gear solid or create a whole new concept?

yes
No

post your opinions or ideas

Porl
November 16th, 2005, 21:47
a proper metal gear solid game on the psp would be awesome! i love metal gear on the playstation and a proper (not turn based) version for psp would rule!!

Porl''

Valiant
November 16th, 2005, 21:51
yeah metal gear solid one port (heck...even enhanced) would be briliiant for the market <_<

Valiant
November 16th, 2005, 21:52
yeah metal gear solid one port (heck...even enhanced) would be briliiant for the market <_<. I would definitely upgrade for this game solely. (or maybe...possibly more games too XD)

pinbi7
November 16th, 2005, 21:57
jeux-france article translated by me(Pinbi7)

Hideo Kojima confirme aujourd'hui sur son blog qu'un titre de son cru est bel et bien en préparation pour la PlayStation Portable. Une récente réunion en compagnie de Shinta Nojiri (directeur de Metal Gear Acid 2), Noriaki Okamura (directeur de ZOE) et d'autres personnes était organisée dans le but de rassembler les idées au sujet du titre. Plusieurs nouveautés furent proposées au cours de cette réunion qualifiée de satisfaisante par Hideo Kojima qui devrait maintenant se charger de la conception d'un premier 'prototype'.

Publié le 16/11/2005 par Stéphane Calonne

Today,Hideo Kojima confirms on his blog that a tittle (from his own) his really on preparation(being made) for the PSP. A recent meeting with Shinta Nojiri (director of Metal Gear Acid 2), Noriaki Okamura (director of ZOE(zone of enders)) and others was organised to make a brainstorming for the comming tittle. Many new ideas where proposed while in session who Hideo Kojima deemed satisfactory(satisfaction).Hideo Kojima should now take care of the confection of a first 'prototype'.

published on 16/11/2005 by Stéphane Calonne
translated by my self (pinbi7)

hope it makes sence to you(at least it's a much better translation then babblefish or google)

and it didin't say nothing about a new MGS,it coold be anything from Contra to
MGS Castlevania,TMNT,or DDR

i'd rather have a New Castlevania then a new MGS,Contra would be great too

Edit:i made a mistake ,the tittle to the article was "Metal Gear PSP à l'étude ?"
wich translate into "Metal Gear PSP being studied?"

Valiant
November 17th, 2005, 01:13
Ugh DDR wouldnt be good for psp, of course Taiko no tatsujin made it...who knows XD

Zaibach333
November 17th, 2005, 01:59
I've been disapointed in hideo since I bought acid... that same week I had bought mgs3 and beat it several times that week. *if you want to understand where I'm comming from.
what a mastermind though...

after seeing what a 333mhz version of battlefront II looks like, I'm certain there can be a metal gear solid on the psp

vincesecuricor2005
November 17th, 2005, 02:43
dont hurt me..... but i love metal gear ac!d and cant wait for the sequel, i understand what zai means with bf on 333mhz 2 its crazy

RedKing14CA
November 17th, 2005, 05:26
But i love Metal Gear Ac!d.. its so fast paced and actiony, and easy to use just like all the other Metal Gear games they made millions off of... I mean come on, do you realy think they would try to go in the opposite direction? that would be plain stupid!

oh... wait... never mind...

caythos
November 17th, 2005, 16:44
Keep in mind i've never played acid, so i can't very well judge it but a realtime metal gear game would be awasome for the psp, but i hope its not a remake of the origenal if they do it, i already have it for ps1 and gamecube lol.

Matarick
November 17th, 2005, 17:08
I think it is related to the Metal Gear PSP digital comic being Kojima Productions and Frank Miller collaboration. Yes the Frank Miller of Dark Knight Returns, 80's DareDevil, and Sin City fame is working with Kojima Productions for the digital comic. I just hope it has fast action real time gameplay with the killer art and storyline.

Hevyduty
November 17th, 2005, 19:12
According to this, it isn't a game based on the comic. No, that would be cool. As it turns out, it's the comic itself. Yes, a comic you can read on the PSP.

http://joystiq.com/entry/1234000147068448/

Just when I thought Sony couldn't continue to disappoint me with the PSP, they continue to find new ways.

From the article, you'll see that they trademarked the terms PSPComics, PSPBooks, and PSPMagazines.

Tip to Sony: how 'bout some freakin' PSPGames!!!

Sorry, but it's game over. Nintendo wins. Sony loses. The PSP has been trounced and it's Sony's own damn fault. Giving us movies, comics, books, etc. that work on the PSP are fine, as long as they also keep us up to our necks in great games. But Sony prefers to give us this shit INSTEAD of games.

In hindsight, maybe I'm the one who screwed up when I bought a PSP. I actually thought I was buying a game system. Sony apparently thought I bought it to keep up with my reading.

vincesecuricor2005
November 18th, 2005, 01:28
harsh lol, they jus wanna confirm it as a multi-media device me thinks.

Zaibach333
November 18th, 2005, 21:20
nothing here is sony's fault, sony doesnt make the games.

sony is however, taking the market by storm over nintendo.
I own both handhelds and I perfer psp homebrew over ds

if the screen wasnt terribly small in comparison and there was a joystick or two I might enjoy the gameplay better.

the only games I ever play on that were once great games for nintendo 64.

the only benefit I see in the nintendo handheld over sony is its back compatability with gamebody products that were the best of their time.

you people shouldnt go to homebrew sites and anounce the console sucks for reasons that completely ignore their abilities.

go back to your basement with all of your nintendo posters and your gamecube - and worship what was once was a company that focussed on gamers over the age of 12!

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
November 18th, 2005, 21:40
Well,
Obviously They Couldent Fit PS2 graphics on 1.8GB but you can get a whole Lota Good Gaming !!!!

Hevyduty
November 18th, 2005, 22:44
you people shouldnt go to homebrew sites and anounce the console sucks for reasons that completely ignore their abilities.

go back to your basement with all of your nintendo posters and your gamecube - and worship what was once was a company that focussed on gamers over the age of 12!
You're the one who comes across as the mindless, defensive fanboy. You didn't read a goddam thing I wrote. Not only did you fail to address a single point I made, but you took the time to rebut things I didn't actually say.

I never dissed the PSP. Sony yes, but not the system. It's a great system that desperately needs more and better games to compete, and Sony's jerking off by giving us comic books.

I mean what are they even thinking? Do they think they can beat the DS by giving us comic books and magazines for the PSP? Do they honestly think that's why we shelled out $250 for the system?

The point is, Sony's priorities are all screwed up. It's their responsibility to drum up game support from developers and publishers for the system. So far, they're failing miserably.

Besides, Sony itself is a game publisher. There's nothing stopping them from hiring developers to make games specifically for the PSP. I'm sure they're doing some of that, but obviously not enough. And instead of throwing away money at lame comic books, they need to start concentrating on games.

That's all I'm saying. I can't believe anyone would actually disagree with any of this.

Zaibach333
November 19th, 2005, 01:26
*rolls eyes

well we're both flaming anyway so I suggest we stop

Hevyduty
November 20th, 2005, 21:05
*rolls eyes

well we're both flaming anyway so I suggest we stop
*rolls eyes back*

Yeah, whatever...

Jdemon
November 20th, 2005, 21:30
Many thanks for the translation Pinbi7
Good God not another "direct-port" PLEASE!!!! I'd also rather see a Castlevania PSP than Metal Gear Solid. Don't get me wrong Metal Gear Solid is great, but it's had how many ports/sequels/spinoffs? MGA Was disappointing at first for me, but proved to be a really good solid game dispite the card system. But MGA2? What's the point...been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.
Whatever the "Project" is I really hope it's something new and different.