PDA

View Full Version : PSP 3000 Screenshots Comparison

wraggster
August 22nd, 2008, 16:28
Seems like the PSP3000 may be nicknamed the PSP Bright, check the photo out below:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/__icsFiles/artimage/2008/08/22/pc_fc_n_gn/3000hansyahikaku.jpg

Cant wait to buy one, more screens at famitsu --> http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217510_1124.html

discombobulated
August 22nd, 2008, 16:59
Wow, looks good if it's not photoshop'd.

ICE
August 22nd, 2008, 16:59
Pretty impressive.

newb_fo_life
August 22nd, 2008, 17:07
Nice ,Waiting for pandora though

kamanashi
August 22nd, 2008, 17:26
That actually more noticeable than I expected. To bad I'm happ with my old Phat.

Shrygue
August 22nd, 2008, 18:18
Wow, now that looks great, makes me want to get a series 3000 PSP. Being able to use one without affecting visibility in high lighting conditions is an ace.

Buddy4point0
August 22nd, 2008, 19:02
Looks SOOOOOOOOOO Good.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2008, 19:35
i don't get it...sure it looks pretty and all but i don't think its worth buying if you already have an older psp.

Buddy4point0
August 22nd, 2008, 20:18
i don't get it...sure it looks pretty and all but i don't think its worth buying if you already have an older psp.

If you already have a PSP 2000, or have only recently bought a PSP 1000, then no.

But if you have had a PSP 1000 for a while and was thinking about buying a PSP 2000, then this is great because you get a better version of it now.

Also If you don't already own a PSP at all, this is good for first time PSP owners.

I'm waiting for DAX to hack it before I even think about getting one though.

I also want to get a Pandora first, so it could be a while before I can get one of these.

mike_jmg
August 22nd, 2008, 20:58
Damn
That looks too good, everybody sure is not photoshop?

That's really tempting, but I don't know, my phat was really messed up when I got my slim, so it wasn't that bad. And I just got it

Maybe I can buy it, and keep it in storage until my slim is as messed up as the phat. Probalby then there will be PSP 4000

that1guywiththeface
August 22nd, 2008, 21:22
Okay, why does Sony not understand one of the main issues this system has: no second analog stick. It isn't held back by size. Never really was to begin with (except for the overcomplexity of the UMD drawer, it breaks too easily when dropped in the 1000 model). It isn't held back by a bad screen (of the handhelds, the PSP has both the largest and brightest). It isn't held back by bad graphics (any game that has bad graphics is the damn developers fault, look at CC, GoW:CoC, R&C:SM, etc). It isn't held back by it's clockspeed or cpu (its definitely the fastest of any handheld, except maybe the iphone). It isn't held back by lack of features (internet, phone service, audio and video codecs, and loads of features accessible through hacking such as an ISO loader, a high quality ps1 emu, emulators for nearly every retro console, an ebook reader, and the list goes on. The DS has absolutely nothing except for games, and a few decent emulators accessible by hacking. The iphone is the only competitor for features). It isn't held back by price.

HOWEVER, it is held back by camera issues for games like Monster Hunter (tolerable, but could be much better), and the great difficulty of creating a quality FPS due to control issues (rarely tolerable).

Instead of releasing all of these models with decreased size and a better screen, they should just add the damned analog stick!!

pimpmaul69
August 22nd, 2008, 21:29
i am a slim owner and i will buy this.. the screen alone to me is worth it. and yes i too will be buying the sweet pandora handheld to accomidate my gp2x

wiggy fuzz
August 22nd, 2008, 21:55
if it feels as cheep and plasticky as the psp 2000, then i think i'll pass...

unless there's a nice special edition that catches my eye, of course :rolleyes:

osgeld
August 23rd, 2008, 00:27
is this really a fair comparison?

the psp on top is clearly in more direct lighting, theres much much much more glare on the plastic elements showing that + its not in a direct line of sight with the camera, tilt your psp 15 degrees and see how pathetic it looks

where as the new one is obiously shaded by whoever is taking the photo (less direct light on the unit) and the camera is being pointed directly at the screen as a player would look at it

i bet if the 2 units were reversed you all would not be as impressed as you seem to be

altho i will admit, there is a noticeable difference, i just call bull on this bad comparison

Ultima Chocochu
August 23rd, 2008, 02:19
Indeed it's nice.

Saracchini
August 23rd, 2008, 04:03
Okay, why does
Instead of releasing all of these models with decreased size and a better screen, they should just add the damned analog stick!!

An second analog stick of course is something needed... but Sony will not release it for PSP since it will easily break game compatibility with PSP-1000 and PSP-2000... and a lot of owners of older PSP models will not buy another PSP-3000,4000,etc... Surely i wont, maybe when my PSP-1000 die.

Until the release of a PSP2 probably changes will be "minor" things like better screen quality, batery life, D-pad,etc...

Stone Temple Pilots
August 23rd, 2008, 04:37
Pretty cool. I still don't see a good enough reason to ditch my PSP-1000 for this. And whoever said it earlier, when I held the PSP-2000, it did feel really cheap compared to the original model.

Eviltaco64
August 23rd, 2008, 05:46
I think that the PSP-2000 and 3000 are able to do more in the fields of emulating consoles, etc.

Eventually, I think it will show.

Larry
August 23rd, 2008, 06:44
I'll just wait till someone mods the psp3000 screen into a psp2000

Alot of sites sell replacement screens, i would simply buy a psp 3k, screen and put it in a normal psp slim. for 50$
And modding the screen probably wouldnt be to hard.

jarshale
August 23rd, 2008, 22:06
its not just the screen though. the outside is glare resistant also

pdogg
August 23rd, 2008, 23:24
hmm ... am I the only one to prefer the "darker" screenshot ? I see better colours, better "black" and more contrast. The only thing which MAY be better - response time - well ... gimme videos.

eatnooM
August 24th, 2008, 00:20
hmm ... am I the only one to prefer the "darker" screenshot ? I see better colours, better "black" and more contrast. The only thing which MAY be better - response time - well ... gimme videos.

The bottom is the 3000, it's hinted at by the lack of glare if you're not a display connoiseur, but otherwise as you spotted, the contrast is much better, as Sony said the new screen would be. Oh, big hint is that it looks more like some actual strawberries, and evidently Sony would want to demonstrate that. :)

Dembonz
August 24th, 2008, 06:26
Sony has said the PSP would go through many changes during it's lifecycle. People were expecting more when the 2000 came out, like I was for this model.
But the PSP is going through a slow evolution, fixing major issues with hardware and functionality a few at time,so who knows what it may look like in a couple years. I wouln't rule out anything especially dual analog.:D

db77
August 24th, 2008, 08:37
hi if the photo is right is really good LCd but nothing special...anyway there is always bad visibility on lcds when the Sun is shining...and biggest fault of PSP is that it hasnt ANTI ALIASING and all game looks crapy...and second thought PSP using Pattern Dithering is totaly disaster....

jamotto
August 24th, 2008, 10:47
and biggest fault of PSP is that it hasnt ANTI ALIASING and all game looks crapy

The biggest problem of the PSP is no anti aliasing? Jaggies bother you that much?

kjetil1991
August 24th, 2008, 17:08
I wonder.... will pandora work on this one?