PDA

View Full Version : Sony Japan announces free WiFi internet for PSPs

Shrygue
August 22nd, 2008, 17:44
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-japan-announces-free-wifi-internet-for-psps)

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has announced a partnership with the world's largest global WiFi community FON - to create a new service, PSP×FON.

Under the partnership the two companies plan to roll out FON access points in the region for a free internet browser via the Sony PlayStation Portable.

Starting today, there are approximately 44,000 FON spots across Japan and over 2,200 FON livedoor spots, which primarily cover central Tokyo. Through this service gamers can use their PSPs to download game demos, clips, wallpaper and the like.

KeenCommander
August 22nd, 2008, 22:32
So, when are they going to roll out a usable web browser?

koh-kun
August 22nd, 2008, 22:39
Haha, touché KeenCommander!

Saracchini
August 22nd, 2008, 22:44
So, when are they going to roll out a usable web browser?

I agree... even my cellphone have a better and more flexible browser.

pkmaximum
August 22nd, 2008, 23:30
wait are they saying we'll have like an edge/3g like service for the PSP (I obviously know the PSP doesn't have 3g like capabilities..... )

myuusmeow
August 23rd, 2008, 00:11
I agree... even my cellphone have a better and more flexible browser.Even the DS has a better internet browser than the PSP. Seriously! On my PSP some pages won't even load, but on my DS they load, albeit slowly. The PSP runs out of RAM on any page with more than 1 image, the DS can handle multiple large images. This is unacceptable, the PSP is capable of MUCH MUCH more.

kjetil1991
August 25th, 2008, 06:36
its strange that no web browser homebrew has been made ;(

jamotto
August 25th, 2008, 07:39
its strange that no web browser homebrew has been made ;(

Uh, what about Links or it is also possible to run Opera Mobile( what the DS uses) on the PSP through the java VM that was released some time ago.

wslp
August 25th, 2008, 08:06
that would be very cool to run opera on my psp, thats the browser im on right now haha.