PDA

View Full Version : NDSE -- First Commercial DS Emulator!

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 15:58
;D

After hours of coding and testing i have finally got a rather stable emulation of metroid prime hunters:first hunt!!

I am very proud of this project and will be releasing the beta version so you can check it out for yourself!

if you wish to see screenshots then please ask!

Thankyou

P.S. i'm currently working on two different roms(zoo keeper and mario 64)..
I'll give you an update soon!

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2005, 15:59
i would have too see before i belive, sorry :P

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 16:01
no problem,i'll post some shots shortly

thanks

matt

VampiricS
February 21st, 2005, 16:19
Well sorry but even screenshots aren't really worth anything. Believe me i could make you believe that i emulated the DS on my audio system easily. I guess the only thing that could show if it's real or not is a demo of your emulator. now about having the rom to test it it's another thing hehe.

Darksaviour69
February 21st, 2005, 16:22
well you can tell from at pic if you know what your looking for, but yeah they can be faked. other than that could you tell how you did it, what chip you have emulated and how? anything technical?

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 16:25
i managed to get the rom using an nds dock which i recently had shipped in from hong kong, this sends an nds through usb,i can give you an exact size of the file if you wish!

By the way guys,don't trouble me about the dock,it was manufactured by a rare japanese company called kontiki.

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 16:34
ok guys,just uploading the image,wont be a second!

Currently emulated:

Graphics using MIST plugin

Frames by using MIST

Other Various Plugins supportes graphics

I Have NOT Found A Way To Emulate Using Audio,Just The First Lot Of Frames Running At 16.88 FPS.I Can Emulate Up To The First Cutscene After Starting Morph Ball Training Mode,Then It Sadly Freezes Up,Currently Working On The MIST C++ Code,Just Needs Polishing In Certain Areas!

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 16:48
oh yes,and also and emulation of the touch screen!

quzar
February 21st, 2005, 17:00
i managed to get the rom using an nds dock which i recently had shipped in from hong kong, this sends an nds through usb,i can give you an exact size of the file if you wish!

By the way guys,don't trouble me about the dock,it was manufactured by a rare japanese company called kontiki.

the kontiki was the name of an archaeologist's attempt to recreate a reed ship that could be used to travel from mainland south america to easter island (in an attempt to see if it would be possible for the native population there to have migrated from south america). and no i didnt have to do a search to find that out =P.

also, what's MIST?

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 17:03
look,i didn't name the company,maybe there aim is to send thier work worldwide, mist is the plugin used to emulate the visual side of the emulator!

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 17:08
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/mattfarrow/NDSE_NO_ROM_SM.bmp

Fantastic
February 21st, 2005, 17:16
sorry about the size,the hosters won't let me have full size

if you know any decent image hosters i'd be very grateful

if you e-mail me([email protected])i will send you the beta version of the app,sorry i cannot provide the DLLs and INIs..

stormwolf18
February 22nd, 2005, 07:38
right here

http://www.photobucket.com/

Fantastic
February 27th, 2005, 12:18
I will be releasing beta tommorow,i'll post the address...

Mental2k
February 28th, 2005, 11:05
Is it released yet? is it released yet? is it released yet? have you released the bastard?

ptr.exe
March 2nd, 2005, 14:26
well if your telling the truth then that was some fast work, well done ;)

Also i know you said dont ask but what site did you get the NDS dock from?

Fantastic
March 4th, 2005, 13:59
Hello,Ive released it!
everbody e-mail me and ill reply with the fully working app(without dlls and inis).
Thanks
Matt

P.S. EMAIL ME NOW IF YOU WANT IT,I WILL ONLY SEND IT TO THE FIRST 5 PEOPLE!!!

Fantastic
March 4th, 2005, 15:14
Thanks For All Your Support Guys,I Had E-mails Pouring In! There Will Be A Newer Version With Demos N Shit Very Soon.

(see the post 'NDSE BETA Download' for mor information)

Matt

SmashinGit
March 4th, 2005, 20:49
So is it real?

aseddon130
March 9th, 2005, 16:17
'sniff sniff' i smell Bull$hit :-/

kit786
March 9th, 2005, 20:50
Well I have reiceved it, but can't get it to work. :'(

souLLy
March 10th, 2005, 07:40
Fantastic, i'm pretty sure you're a bullshitter. give us some proof or consider this thread locked and you get a warning.

What emulators have you worked on previously
What chips have you emulated on the DS
Show some screenshots
Take a photo of the device you used to get the ROM images

nobody at dcemu takes kindly to fakes.

i would also suggestthat anyone who has downloaded this to scan it with a good antivirus software before opening it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Mental2k
March 10th, 2005, 13:51
I was sceptical way back at the start. why do these people have need to release crap? I apologyse if its real.