PDA

View Full Version : WiiDoom 0.1 Alpha Released

wraggster
August 22nd, 2008, 23:02
lnuxguy (http://code.google.com/p/wiidoom/) has released a port of Doom to the Nintendo Wii, heres the release info:

WiiDoom is PrBoom ported to the Wii. PrBoom is a source port of the original DOOM source code.

Download Here (http://wiidoom.googlecode.com/files/WiiDoom-0.1.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

thanks to wiibrew for the headsup

middle man
August 23rd, 2008, 00:03
not bad for a first release. the controls are a bit sticky. it could really do with a wiimote target like quake (the only way to play FPSs i think) are these the original levels. it doesn't seem too familiar.

Mini Moose
August 23rd, 2008, 00:15
Can I play Doom 2 on this? I legally own the proper wads.

____anders____
August 23rd, 2008, 01:34
great:)

i have prboom on my mp3 player, it runs in fullspeed so this will be great..
doom is one of the coolest FPS games ever:)

type_theEND
August 23rd, 2008, 02:28

You probably can, but being like AND I HAVE THE WADS LEGALLY is like saying, I JUST HIT UP THE BITTORRENT STORE AND HOPE THIS'LL WORK
Also, thank you, can't wait to start playin =D

Mini Moose
August 23rd, 2008, 02:44
but being like AND I HAVE THE WADS LEGALLY is like saying, I JUST HIT UP THE BITTORRENT STORE AND HOPE THIS'LL WORK

Hahaha! I really do legally own the wads. I bought the official game disc at a second-hand store for like $2 about 5 months ago. I also bought Descent and some other old PC games for like $1 each. They all still had their original cases and everything. Descent was missing the instruction booklet though...

August 23rd, 2008, 02:50
Hahaha! I really do legally own the wads. I bought the official game disc at a second-hand store for like $2 about 5 months ago. I also bought Descent and some other old PC games for like $1 each. They all still had their original cases and everything. Descent was missing the instruction booklet though...

Putz! I love Descent!!!

vicious1988
August 23rd, 2008, 04:16
I got descent w/ my old PC. I spent hours playing that with an old 2 button joystick.

Mini Moose
August 23rd, 2008, 05:46
I'm sorry, I know know this is really getting off topic, but I cannot resist.

Heres a link to a really good Descent website. It's a complete remake of Descent II. (you can also play the original Descent levels if you have the game data for it)

Here http://www.descent2.de/d2x.html

You can also get the shareware version of the game data (for people who don't own the game) from them so there should be no problem trying it out. [;

It's absolutely breathtaking when using all of the hi-res models and textures!

grossaffe
August 23rd, 2008, 07:58
great:)

i have prboom on my mp3 player, it runs in fullspeed so this will be great..
doom is one of the coolest FPS games ever:)

Rockbox user, I suppose? :thumbup:

kkzz
August 23rd, 2008, 18:25

It loads the Doom 2 wad just fine, but the controls doesn't seem to work in Doom 2. I can't do nothing but stare at the menu, which isn't so fun. :P

____anders____
August 24th, 2008, 23:36
Rockbox user, I suppose? :thumbup:

of course :p
haha, it's awesome, playing doom on my 75Mhz sandisk sansa e250 in fullspeed :D

type_theEND
August 25th, 2008, 01:47
Lawl, cool kids use Linux =P
Course, they probably don't have Linux for one of those, do they. And I can't run Linux on my ipod-damn encrypted firmware ><