PDA

View Full Version : PSP Rhythm 2.0 Released!

wraggster
November 17th, 2005, 22:50
The PSP Rhythm Team (http://www.iturzaeta.com/PSPRhythm/) have updated their Musical app for the PSP, heres whats new:

Inspired by classic drum machines such as the Linndrum and Roland TR-series, PSP Rhythm has been created to use the simple, yet effective 16 step style drum sequencer. PSP Rhythm incorporates the use of audio sample playback instead of drum synthesis.

Version 2.0 has been directly influenced by one of our favorite modern drum machines, the Elektron MachineDrum. The most significant change between ver. 1.5 to 2.0 is our use of "parameter locks" (as used by the MachineDrum). Parameter locks enable you to change the pitch, volume, and pan per step to create moving, changing melodies and effects. This control over your sounds will give you much more creative freedom and allow you to not only use drums, but to use instruments in your music. Song Mode has been enhanced with a mixer function, allowing you even more versatility with your song writing. The user interface has been made more intuitive and easy to use.”

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/PSPRhythmComposer.shtml

echel0n
November 17th, 2005, 22:55
nice one, look forward to trying this, cheers :D

Drumst1ck
November 18th, 2005, 00:06
Argh, tis not booting on my 1.0? :'(
Will try and PBP edit the 1.5 Eboot's

vincesecuricor2005
November 18th, 2005, 01:23
cool!

plungmonies
November 18th, 2005, 03:06
not bad, fun to play with but hardly a replacement for the real deal. Kinda like comparing music 2000 to cubase sx or reason. good for beginners though and its good to see more than just games in the psp homebrew scene.

RCON
November 18th, 2005, 03:17
Drumst1ck, I don't have a 1.0 to so it is possible it is not working. I used SeiPSPTool to convert my 1.5 to 1.0. Maybe that screwed it up. email me at [email protected] because I would like to know if I can help. thanks!

-Louie

plungmonies
November 18th, 2005, 03:47
nice linndrum samples louie! maybe I will up some samples from my collection of old drum machines and some stuff I made up on drumsynth and wavelab.

Grim_Reaper
November 18th, 2005, 18:35
Excellent mate,i really like what you've done and its sounds great and i should know as i've owned all of the TR's,nice to see some moog bass in there as well.Keep it up :D

groovemaster303
November 18th, 2005, 18:49
i think its a great little drum machine on the move sure it can't compete with the big boys like Reason or Cubase but look how much this stuff costs
this is free and its easy to create a funky little drum track which can easily be imported into say reason or other sound modules.
i'd rather take my psp to work than a real DM too.

plungmonies
November 19th, 2005, 06:30
I do think its great and look forward to future releases. hopefully they can implement some quantize and time signature options as 4/4 by 16 is quite limiting and maybe some simple synthesis options such as a vco. But then again for the price of a decent drum machine against the price of the psp, its a steal.
I still like taking a dm to work as the looks I get on the train by other passengers are priceless when I am tapping away on the pads. btw groovemaster303, some of the tracks on your site are very good, kinda like some yuzo koshiro meets japanese telecom meets octave one.

groovemaster303
November 19th, 2005, 08:44
thanks plugmonies.
i have always loved Yuzo Koshiro's work, Streets of rage was superb.
and i recently got hold of his Wangan Midnight maximum tune cd.
which is a pretty good album.
i really would like a little synthesizer mode
like rebirths 303 or reasons subtractor
i don't know if its easy to do as i'm not a programmer
but it would be pretty cool i reckon.