PDA

View Full Version : somebody needs to clean up after McZonk :P

dark heart
August 23rd, 2008, 02:51
the quake 2 psp dev and the Daedalus psp dev both have something in common as you know, we haven't heard of any progress from either of them for ages, not even a goodbye.

what we can establish between them is that one has volunteers taking over, (Daedalus of course) and one seems to be completely forgotten. of course i don't know what mczonk is doing about it, but dust is gathering on the old quake 2 releases.
there are so many advantages for this port.

in all seriousness, a port like this could breath life into the homebrew scene, it's a good engine and is great for mods and total conversions

i will back you up if you have a stab at it, and will do all i can to help.

JoeyStitch
August 26th, 2008, 00:33
I'd love to see the Quake II port finished. If the DS can do it (http://quake.drunkencoders.com/index_q2.html), the PSP can do it better.

dark heart
August 30th, 2008, 07:53
I'm kinda surprised that there is so little interest in the idea, yeh it's not mario or sonic or halo or whatever, but it can be something worthwhile, it's a fantastic game for modding. maybe if we had more people behind the idea, it might happen. we already have a few psp homebrews based on the quake engine, imagine how much more we'd get for quake 2.