PDA

View Full Version : PSP 290 GPS finds satellites but never tracks position

Number1SuperGuy
August 23rd, 2008, 02:53
I just bought a slim PSP on eBay and included with it was the PSP 290 GPS device and Map This! I thought it was a neat concept so I decided to try it out. I got everything set up, downloaded a map of my city, got out in my car and drove around in GPS mode. After about 5 minutes the PSP still wasn't showing me where I was at or what my speed was or anything like that so I looked in the GPS information menu and it said that it was connected to 6 satellites, so why if I'm connected to 6 satellites can't it track my position? I drove around for about 15 minutes waiting for anything to happen before I decided to stop wasting my gas. Now, since it was owned by someone else before me I'm hoping that maybe he just switched a setting that turns off the GPS tracking but I really have no idea how to turn it back on or whatever.

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated!

(P.S. I changed the folder name of my map from the default one before doing my test run, is there any way that could be screwing up my GPS tracking? Just an afterthought...)

Arxidon
August 24th, 2008, 20:02
Hello,

In your GPS info screen, where it shows the satellites, do some of the satellites show a "1" under FIX or are all of them a "0"?

If some do show a "1", then your position is being tracked. All you need to do is go back to the map and hit square, and the program will show your position on the map