PDA

View Full Version : EA and Namco to co-publish Katamari Damacy PSP in Europe

wraggster
November 19th, 2005, 00:20
News from GI.Biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=13093)

Namco and Electronic Arts have announced plans to co-publish the latest instalment in the award-winning Katamari Damacy series for PlayStation Portable in Europe next year.

Titled Me and My Katamari, the game follows the adventures of the Prince as he is tasked with creating new katamari islands for homeless creatures to inhabit. The PSP version will feature a Wi-Fi mode for up to four players, and a cast of characters that will include many new faces.

Players will have lots of options for customisation at their disposal - there will be new masks and headgear to choose from, and characters can wear up to three accessories at a time. The game's controls have been specially overhauled to suit the PSP.

With its quirky, original gameplay - which revolves around picking up objects by rolling a giant ball around - the first Katamari Damacy PS2 game was a huge hit in Japan, but never made it to PAL territories.

However the sequel, We Love Katamari, became a bestseller in North America and is now down for a European release - also courtesy of Namco and EA - early next year.

urchin
November 19th, 2005, 09:03
Oooo, at last a PSP game I actually want :)