View Full Version : I've Converted.

Triv1um
August 24th, 2008, 12:01
Yep, ive finally done it.

Im done with Sony. The constants screwing people over with everything and loss of decent exclusives has finished me off tbh.

Ive sold my 60gb UK release PS3 and brought me a Elite with 16 games.

What can I say? I take back all the bad things I said about 360's. Its bloody good. Its like a well polished PS3.

I am disapointed with one thing, which is a got told by someone that the elite had the WiFi built in, but it does not. So now i have to buy a smelly adapter, but nevermind.

My gamertag is - Triv1umxxx

Everyone add me.

wraggster
August 24th, 2008, 12:11
i myself might buy a xbox360 to enjoy the rts games that seemingly will never come to PS3, the only pisser about the 360 is the few non region free games

Sonicboy 101
August 24th, 2008, 12:50
Man, it's like everyone hates Sony nowadays.
But I'm a little miffed at sony... If I didn't have to share a PS3, I might consider getting a 360.
Or I can buy my own. But I don't get a lot of money :P

Triv1um
August 24th, 2008, 13:09
Well they are doing themselves no favors to be honest.

I used to love Sony, it used to be like they was doing it for the gamers. Now i think they enjoy screwing people over.

Shadowblind
August 24th, 2008, 15:30
Sorry to hear that man, but congrats on your new Xbox. When you get LIVE don't forget to post your gamertag :)

P.S. If you want I can give you a list of games to own if you tell me what genre you like.

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2008, 16:43
I think Im gonna keep my 360 now.
I still eventually want to get a PS3, just once they get cheaper and Sony picks up the pace with games. Actually, more sooner than later, just to get a hold of one thats bc with PS2 games.
Still, I dont know what happened here. How the king of the last 2 generations just simply got overthrown like that. Was it that they were late to the market? Was it that Sony was full of themselves from PS2? Was it the high price tag? The mediocre ports in the beginning?
A mixture of all of them, I suppose.

Still, the console is slowly blooming, and I hope that its in a better position by next year.

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2008, 17:57
HAHAHAHAHA!

There's just been a big change in plans!

I just went in to play my 360, which I was playing perfectly fine yesterday, where I met 3 old friends. In other words, it's broken AGAIN.

The Xbox 3shitty is definitely getting traded in now. I have a bunch of 6th gen consoles that need to be fixed anyway (PS2 needs a fan/modchip, DC stopped outputting video, Xbox needs a DVD-Drive).

For now, Im just gonna play the life out of my Playstation 2 and Gamecube (mod them both :p) since I didnt really play many games on them, and once I have enough money, it's gonna be anything that's not Microsoft.

I know that a lot of Xboxes these days are alright, but that does it. I'm sorry Xbox enthusiasts, but I want my consoles to work for more than 14 months, for example, I have a NES from 1985! When I turn it on, it doesnt blow up! :rofl:

Shadowblind
August 24th, 2008, 18:01
HAHAHAHAHA!

There's just been a big change in plans!

I just went in to play my 360, which I was playing perfectly fine yesterday, where I met 3 old friends. In other words, it's broken AGAIN.

The Xbox 3shitty is definitely getting traded in now. I have a bunch of 6th gen consoles that need to be fixed anyway (PS2 needs a fan/modchip, DC stopped outputting video, Xbox needs a DVD-Drive).

For now, Im just gonna play the life out of my Playstation 2 and Gamecube (mod them both :p) since I didnt really play many games on them, and once I have enough money, it's gonna be anything that's not Microsoft.

I know that a lot of Xboxes these days are alright, but that does it. I'm sorry Xbox enthusiasts, but I want my consoles to work for more than 14 months, for example, I have a NES from 1985! When I turn it on, it doesnt blow up! :rofl:

WTF? You have the worst luck on earth man. Its hard to believe its died already. Make sure all the cords are plugged in correctly. Then turn it on and leave the red ring box on for 20 minutes. After that restart the console and see if it works again.

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2008, 18:15
WTF? You have the worst luck on earth man. Its hard to believe its died already. Make sure all the cords are plugged in correctly. Then turn it on and leave the red ring box on for 20 minutes. After that restart the console and see if it works again.

Everything's plugged in correctly.
In fact, I even moved everything from the living room to my room, where I have it on.
If leaving it on for a period of time doesnt work, then I'll resort to wrapping it up in a blanket.

Believe it or not, that works. It really does bring it back from the dead.

Shadowblind
August 24th, 2008, 19:06
So, any luck yet?

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2008, 19:25
Nope. I have to overheat it :mad:

pibs
August 24th, 2008, 19:50
Dude is it still the same console that u fixed last time?
Just sell it or trade and get one of the new ones, they are soo quiet. Get the arcade and keep your hardrive from your old one :D its only like 200 bucks now.

Hey Triv you should of kept your ps3, now what are u gonna do for blu-ray movies ;) hah I might sell mine too if LBP is a disappointment.

JKKDARK
August 24th, 2008, 19:58
Yep, ive finally done it.

Im done with Sony. The constants screwing people over with everything and loss of decent exclusives has finished me off tbh.

Ive sold my 60gb UK release PS3 and brought me a Elite with 16 games.

What can I say? I take back all the bad things I said about 360's. Its bloody good. Its like a well polished PS3.

I am disapointed with one thing, which is a got told by someone that the elite had the WiFi built in, but it does not. So now i have to buy a smelly adapter, but nevermind.

I am getting XBL hopefully tonight so, I will post my ID later.

Well done, man. What games did you get?

Gold Line
August 24th, 2008, 20:59
I kinda like the PS3 now (MGS4 is epic) but the 360 just has so much more, still the constant fear of RROD is not good for my health :(

Triv1um
August 24th, 2008, 21:27
Well done, man. What games did you get?

I knew you would be happy ;)

I got some ones i knew was good and some i just wanted to try -

Bioshock
Halo 3
Gears of war
Forza 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Viva Pinata
Prey (its was very cheap)
Crackdown
FarCry Predator
Oblivion GOTY
Dead Rising
CoD4 (Had it on PS3 and sold it, but i wanted it again :P)
Dark Sector
MotoGP07
Hitman Blood money

Some bad ones, and some good ones. But hey.

I will update this post when i have my gamertag.

feddon
August 24th, 2008, 21:44
Well i for 1 love my ps3, i toyed with getting an x-box but factoring the bluray player cost that i would have eventually bought i think the ps3 is the better choice. I am missing some nice exclusives, ie some nice rpgs, rts's etc. But by this time next year i think it will be the other way round with xboxers wanting LBP possibly heavy rain and a couple others as the ps3 gathers momentum, wish i could afford both...

Triv1um
August 24th, 2008, 21:47
well TBH, i will buy the 160gb PS3 before christmas.

I just know I will, I wont be able to resist.

Ive kept my PS3 exclusives because i know im going to buy another one. LBP looks great, and its something i want to be a part of.

I am really enjoying my 360 at the moment though.

EDIT - My Gamertag is Triv1umxxx, everyone add me.

jamotto
August 25th, 2008, 00:11
Microsoft needs to find their "voice" and stop cherry picking old titles that they don't add much to anyway and focus on new franchises. Sony has been chipping away at the 360's lead in both software and hardware sales in the US. Sony looks way better going into the future compared to Microsoft unless Microsoft starts fixing the issues plaguing the Xbox 360.

Shadowblind
August 25th, 2008, 01:07
I knew you would be happy ;)

I got some ones i knew was good and some i just wanted to try -

Bioshock
Halo 3
Gears of war
Forza 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Viva Pinata
Prey (its was very cheap)
Crackdown
FarCry Predator
Oblivion GOTY
Dead Rising
CoD4 (Had it on PS3 and sold it, but i wanted it again :P)
Dark Sector
MotoGP07
Hitman Blood money

Some bad ones, and some good ones. But hey.

I will update this post when i have my gamertag.

VERY nice choices. Enjoy NG2 and Bioshock m8 :)
I'll be adding you in a sec.

type_theEND
August 25th, 2008, 20:57
Sony was cool until the PS3. Now, the 360 rules all.
Like it says in my sig, ima buy me a PS2 and 360 as soon as I beat Twilight Princess =D
Maybe sooner, I may just get the gamecube version =P

Triv1um
August 26th, 2008, 12:46
*feels unloved*

No-one has added me yet.

Darksaviour69
August 26th, 2008, 13:10
*feels unloved*

No-one has added me yet.

you should look here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39213) and here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13281)

my tag is the same as my forum name ;)

Triv1um
August 27th, 2008, 12:27
Ive added everyone I can find.

If ive missed anyone just add me, or tell me your gamertag so i can add you :D

Looking forward to playing you all on something.

gdf
August 31st, 2008, 21:38
Triv! I remember you used to lecture me on how shit Xboxes were. Funnily enough I've stopped dissing Sony lately, looks like they're getting their shit together.

How's it going everyone? Long time no see :D

Sonicboy 101
August 31st, 2008, 21:40
Gdf!!!!!!!!! :D

Eviltaco64
August 31st, 2008, 22:23
ZOMG! I haven't seen you around the forums for months.

Triv1um
September 2nd, 2008, 20:10
Triv! I remember you used to lecture me on how shit Xboxes were. Funnily enough I've stopped dissing Sony lately, looks like they're getting their shit together.

How's it going everyone? Long time no see :D

Haha, yes indeed. I did used to dig into you alittle bit. :P

Good to see you back on the forums.