PDA

View Full Version : the pandora blog The secret highlight

argor
August 24th, 2008, 19:33
Most of you might have heard of the Games Convention in Leipzig - the biggest European Games exhibition.
Well, I've been there (together with the mysterious girl in red who is on our openpandora.org frontpage). Not as an exhibitor - as I don't have the final Pandora case yet. But as visitor... with a fully working Pandora MK0 Devkit in my bag. And a preview-case.

I had some appointments with different magazines and webzines there - and they were all baffled how well the controls of our little unit are layouted. And impressed by the few emulators I showed them on the system.
Interest was VERY high among those who saw the system.
Chip.de a major magazine in Germany even did a nice interview with me and mentioned the Pandora as "secret highlight" of the Games Convention. A very nice video.
new post by EvilDragon on the pandora dev blog (http://openpandora.org/blog.php)

While public press is good, here is something that might be of higher interest for some of you:
RedSpotGames, publisher for Last Hope and Wind & Water Puzzle Battles for the Dreamcast announced that they will produce and publish commercial games for the Pandora. They already have some licenses for ports (I can't tell the titles here), this als means there will be most probably an enhanced version of Wind & Water Puzzle Battles, one of the greatest puzzle games I know!

So, interest is high here in Germany, things are looking good.
What else did we see at the GC? Hmm. Nothing special. Except for Hall 2, which was the retro hall with tons of Arcade machines and old computers and consoles. That was some great fun!

soulanger
August 25th, 2008, 02:26
yay awesome. I cant wait for the release, September issit?