PDA

View Full Version : PSPAdvance Version 1.0.1

wraggster
November 19th, 2005, 02:31
The PSP Advance Team have released their software to the masses, heres the full information.

Due to overwhelming response from users, we have decided to release the latest version (and all future versions) of PSPAdvance as FREEWARE. In the spirit of the PSP community, we believe that everyone should have full access to all of the great features of this program. If you were one of the many who pre-ordered, you should have recieved a refund letter. If you have not recieved a refund (check your email first!), submit a ticket to our support center. We appreciate your continuted support.

"PSPAdvance is a Media Player, Content Download System and Interactive Community application for PSP. Its revolutionary application that enables users to maximize the device's potential without having to convert files or remain hostage to Sony's expensive software and restrictive firmware updates. It also operates on your PSP and interacts with the desktop application. You can download, share, manage, and play all forms of media (yes even divx and xvid movies). It is essentially WinAmp, iTunes, Kazaa, webcam chat, IRC, and a visualisations engine all in one.

The PSPAdvance team are working on putting in many new features which include real-time streaming of music and media from the internet to your PSP, more games, magazines, and content, and much more. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you informed on new releases!

Product Overview:
PSP Advance is a fully featured media player and content resource for the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP).

PSP Advance Core Offerings:
1 PSP Media Player
2 Interactive Live Web Cam Chat
3 iTunes (style) Content Resource

Media Player Application:
1 PSP Advance is a first of its kind fully featured media player exclusively built for the Sony PSP device that easily syncs with the user’s PC
2 The Media Player Application resides both on the user’s PC desktop and on the PSP device itself
3 PSP Advance is first media player application that allows for all formats of audio and video files to run without the need for converting to be compatible

Communicator:
1 PSP Advance includes an Audio/Video Instant Messenger feature that will allow the PSP Advance user community to communicate and share information
2 Features
– Audio and video communication
– Both group and private chat options
– Invitation to view content
– Simultaneous media play and IM functionality allowing for conversation on content currently being viewed by participants

Content Resource:
1 The PSP Advance website: the exclusive resource for previewing content available for the media player
2 Content Categories
– Video, Audio, Games, Photos, Skins, Wallpapers, Ring tones
– Original and licensed content

PSP Advance Features:

1 Provides Content
2 Custom Visualizations and custom skins
3 Graphic Equalizer
4 Multi-format Video Capability without conversion
o MPG1, MPG2, MPG4, DivX, Xvid, MOV (Place movies in the "x:\PSP\VIDEO" folder on the memory stick)
5 One click PC to PSP synchronization via PSP Detect Technology
6 Built in Programming for plug-in updates
7 Built in PSP games
8 Photo Sharing and Storage"

Download Here --> http://www.pspmx.com/site/downloadpage.html

Let us know what you think of it (its 16mb in size)

JoshM248
November 19th, 2005, 03:21
Just me, or does their site seem to be ... uh... not working.. :confused:

sta-hi
November 19th, 2005, 03:36
can someone mirror the file? site is down

-LO-LEADER2
November 19th, 2005, 03:37
i went and downloaded it from the main page it was on the left side under psp apps. I think that was it, im not sure

Produkt
November 19th, 2005, 03:51
Trust me, its spam and bad codecs... perhaps it does some formats erm ok but divx and others look whorable and there is limited controle over it.

alot of what you see ends up being spam.

J sims
November 19th, 2005, 03:54
If you are talking about psp emulation news that is the old version. Is there any other trusted site to get it from?

dOOmy
November 19th, 2005, 07:24
Absolutely worthless for me. Since my analog unit is destroyed (by playing sports games with intensity) the menu that uses only the analog stick for navigation makes it impossible to do anything with this program, if only they had the forsight to use the dpad also for menu then i would be able to use it. As it it i have to uninstall it without knowing if it works good or not. if only there was a way to map the analog stick to the dpad it would be happy

stormuk
November 19th, 2005, 13:31
You can use the circle square keys etc instead or aswell as up down left etc.

pauldude550
November 19th, 2005, 14:03
yep, the site is prettttttty slow...i'll give you a review if i can get it to work

pauldude550
November 19th, 2005, 14:26
well i just tried it, and it installs on the pc fine, but when it tried to sync to the psp, it said there wasn't enough memory free, because it needed 10mb. So...i wiped off some info on the psp, and reinstalled the program, because i couldn't find a button to do the sync again...which meant a pc reboot... and installed again and again it said it needed 10mb free, and told me i had 3mb free. of course...i have 3 mb free after if had put stuff on it, sure thing, but from the beginning i had 10mb so a bit annoying if you ask me. I will have to wait to get a bigger memory stick to be able to try this thing out. Just have to wait till christmas to get that hdd!

Insane1
November 19th, 2005, 14:40
Personally, I'm sticking to PSPVideo9 and the like. Video that's compressed to the PSP using the AVC codec isn't that bad at all, and the files are smaller than some formats this program allows for without conversion.

vincesecuricor2005
November 20th, 2005, 12:58
well after tryin for a couple of days to download this......................dissapointed, it sucks

Zephyroth_drgs
November 20th, 2005, 18:25
when i install this it crashes using psp-pc syncro

dOOmy
November 20th, 2005, 20:52
Nope you can only use the analog stick to navigate the menu

Jdemon
November 20th, 2005, 21:16
Well there's something that makes me suspicious about a file that wants to download as soon as you log onto the page. So far it sounds pretty lame. I'll hold out for a while on this one. I tend to agree with Insane1 on this, most decent quality avi's are gonna run over 1GB. And I'm certainly not in need of a "media player" for my PSP anyway.

:cool:

pspfr33k
November 21st, 2005, 12:58
So this programm is usefull?! :confused: