PDA

View Full Version : 2.00 games exploit found (I hope)

IndianCheese
November 19th, 2005, 04:19
I have made an exploit in which something occurs (you think I'd tell you right now?) that would most likely enable 2.00 games to run. Cool, right? OK. But I do not have a 2.00 UMD game to test it on (oranisothaticouldruntotestit). Can anyone tell me howtocondenseanisostrictlyfortestpurposes so I can try this out and then release the tricker if it works? Please understand that this isn't a scam for someone to help me play downloaded ISOs. If you don't believe that I have a project underway I can show you a video of the current progress made. And if you think the video is fake, I will make it with the PSP in my hands.

I really don't want to buy GTA and find that it doesn't work with my exploit and not be able to return it to the store.

Thanks for your help

Mr.Modem
November 19th, 2005, 08:41
So why don't you us how you intend to do it and then someone that owns GTA can try it.

hidekii
November 19th, 2005, 14:14
Yeah, post a video and the files we need to test the exploit.
Tell us how to proceed and I'll test it today on my psp with GTA LCS.

le(gend)wis
November 20th, 2005, 11:07
Will this allow you to play v2.0 requiring UMD's such as GTA and v2.0 requiring game isos through fastloader on your v1.5 PSP if this works?. (just checking, didnt understand what you found)

le(gend)wis
November 20th, 2005, 11:11
TrylOokingontheboldwordor or em... nts
or a p,2,p program like lime something, i think its wire?

ganon
November 20th, 2005, 18:50
Lets see the vid

IndianCheese
November 20th, 2005, 22:01
I am SO SORRY...I've been busy ushering for a play going on at my school...but I did film the vid for the skeptics. Since I don't have a 2.00 UMD or a big enough mem stick for a 2.00 ISO (512MB), I cannot try this myself (obviously), but I can show the firmware hacking progress that seemed to develop while workind on it. See what you think.

It actually shows a sort of "firmware hybrid" in which the Network icon can be shown and the gameboot.pmf contains the words "PlayStation Portable" underneath the PSP logo (like 2.00), but also shows no "Theme Settings" icon under Settings and runs homebrew (like 1.50). I really hope to get the hard drive for Christmas so I can try this out.

And for those of you wondering why I am not posting the method until completely successful is for 2 reasons: 1) I do not want to be held responsible for screwing up someone's flash memory, and 2) I don't want my credit for this project to be stolen from me. It is as simple as that.

Produkt
November 20th, 2005, 23:12
There have been things like this done, and there are 2 assumptions that can be made to support the fake side.

1.)You are really good at hex editing
2.)Amazing video editing skills

Things that confuse me,
Why did your D Pad make that awful noise?
From the looks of it your case for the psp looks quite different than a standard PSP! Why?

maby it was me, but some button mashes VS. responce time from the PSP were out of sinc even compaired to laggy instances.

centroles
November 20th, 2005, 23:25
why do people automatically assume that he's lying.

it seems like an awful lot of trobule to go to for so little reward.

i unfortunately can't help you since i don't how to do what you're asking myself. but i hope someone does help.

Produkt
November 20th, 2005, 23:50
I dont mean to denounce it, infact if it works I will walk out this door right now and go pick up a copy of Socom and GTA

Honestly something I would offer a gratitude donation if I see it work in my hands

and to be honest My PSP is scuffed up and best buy replaces it for any factory hardware defects or software defects... (So I dont mind testing)

so really why not a firm ware emulator? takes the eprom risk out.

*o*
November 21st, 2005, 07:42
that was just a video being displayed!!!!!! its obvious!! theres a gap between when you press the button and when the action actually happens

ganon
November 21st, 2005, 17:35
ok hurry hurry get a 2.0 umd/iso now

nonzero
November 21st, 2005, 23:19
Does the browser still work as I noticed you skipped that entire section out in your "tour". The effects of the video could be quite easily replicated with a bit of hexing and flashing the opening_plugin.rco from a 2.0 to a 1.5

Oh yeah, to get around your umwillingness to buy GTA you could use one of these options:

1) Borrow it from a friend
2) Rent it
3) Steal it

I don't get your tightness in respects to buying the game though, if it works then yay for you. If it doesn't - upgrade to 2.0 to play it, you ain't loosing anything either way.

IndianCheese
November 22nd, 2005, 00:51
that was just a video being displayed!!!!!! its obvious!! theres a gap between when you press the button and when the action actually happens

If you have Win XP, send me an IM and will broadcast a live video of me replicating it. And did you not notice the mem stick light flash when I pressed X to exit PSPGenesis?

IndianCheese
November 22nd, 2005, 00:54

I am downloaded what I think to be a small enough iso of socom...please excuse me for mentioning "iso"...im sorry but I am jsut trying to make a development and i don't want to buy a umd and have it not work.

IndianCheese
November 22nd, 2005, 01:04
Does the browser still work as I noticed you skipped that entire section out in your "tour". The effects of the video could be quite easily replicated with a bit of hexing and flashing the opening_plugin.rco from a 2.0 to a 1.5

Oh yeah, to get around your umwillingness to buy GTA you could use one of these options:

1) Borrow it from a friend
2) Rent it
3) Steal it

I don't get your tightness in respects to buying the game though, if it works then yay for you. If it doesn't - upgrade to 2.0 to play it, you ain't loosing anything either way.

I am embarrased to say...but here is the truth.

I am 14, I don't want SOCOM, and my mom won't let me buy GTA. Sad, isn't it? I am blushing in front of my monitor...I have to get an ISO to work. That is my only option.

Now just because I am only 14 doesn't mean that I suck at hacking. I have made devs before and I intend to make them again.

And also: Name one place I can rent PSP games from besides GameFly.

Thanks

IndianCheese
November 22nd, 2005, 02:39
I Have Done It! Holy Effin Crap!!!!!!!!! I Did It Omg Omg Omg I Am Typing Up A Tutorial Right Now! Holy Major Poop! Ahhhhhhhh!

PunishedOne
November 22nd, 2005, 03:06
I Have Done It! Holy Effin Crap!!!!!!!!! I Did It Omg Omg Omg I Am Typing Up A Tutorial Right Now! Holy Major Poop! Ahhhhhhhh!

O....k......

Video please?

Produkt
November 22nd, 2005, 03:37
I'd rather see the video of him shitting himself when he did it....

(Just so you know you actualy have to get into socom befor you can consider it working, people say socom gets to the main menu even with 1.5...)

MGFox
November 22nd, 2005, 16:07
Nice work, very exciting stuff! (as you so calmly vocalised :D)

Can you confirm if the browser works? and possibly any LUA stuff?

I only ask 'cos these are methods 'believed' to be used by GTA to confirm the existence of the latest firmware. i.e. it tries to run a null LUA script and/or launch the browser.

I don't know how accurate these theories are, as noone has been able to test them, but searching through the boot-files of GTA has revealed the existense of code relating to both functions.

One last thing, if an iso launches does that mean UMDs will as well?

Cheers,
Fox

ganon
November 22nd, 2005, 20:19
This better work and do it with gta or pro 5 and use the web browser if u do another vid

IndianCheese
November 23rd, 2005, 04:56
Sorry for breaking your hearts, but the successful booting of the ISO was false. I downloaded the wrong one. Could someone plz shrink the SOCOM ISO so I can test it again? (I am so close!)

Cap'n 1time
November 23rd, 2005, 05:35
this dosnt really go with the ethics of the dcemu forum. DONT PUSH ME BACK INTO MY EVIL MODE!

ganon
November 23rd, 2005, 19:03
your a prik

Cap'n 1time
November 23rd, 2005, 20:30
your a prik

yes, so says the warez whore 13 year old that still thinks the world revolves around him. They dont write rules so that you can disobey them.

In fact, according to a scientific study I just did on who is damaging the internet.

1: gannon
2: bestiality
3: republicans
4: psp**dates
5: "leet" speak

It is all here in populare childrens book.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1568&stc=1

Darksaviour69
November 23rd, 2005, 20:51
ok back on topic, ganon and IndianCheese read rules or be banned aka NO WAREZS

Flipao
November 23rd, 2005, 22:16
You can already run 2.0 games on 1.5 firmware PSPs, all you need is the version changer.

You can't run Socom, GTA LCS, etc... on firmwares below 2.0 because a video codec is missing.

i.e. you don't need an exploit to run them, you need to either get a goddamn codec, or to remove the intro movies from the games.

There already is a 2.0 exploit, it allows you to downgrade your PSP and to run Fanjita's Eboot loader, if you have a 2.0 PSP you don't need an exploit to run Socom, it already runs.

MGFox
November 23rd, 2005, 22:42
Flipao,

This is not an exploit as such (despite the thread title), what IndianCheese is trying to do is blend the new functionality of the 2.00 Firmware (the AVC Video Codec and Browser etc...) with the "Freedom Of Speech"ness of the old 1.50 Firmware (ability to run Homebrew without restriction)...making a whole new crazy 1.75ish Firmware!

Cheers,
Fox

ganon
November 24th, 2005, 22:01
When the hell did I talk about warez?

Cap'n 1time
November 25th, 2005, 04:15
When the hell did I talk about warez?

well here sort of

you kind of suggested the use of an ISO... But that isnt the real reason... mostly you were just being "a prik". You dont act like a dick to someone that is a pretty respected user. I recommend you either appologize or drop it, else youll look like "a prik".... Either that, or DS is going to tell me to quit being mean. :p

ganon
November 25th, 2005, 21:33
Your acting like a "prik" coz that respected user was requesting for isos

Cap'n 1time
November 26th, 2005, 00:15
Your acting like a "prik" coz that respected user was requesting for isos

I just told him to fallow the rules. your the lame brain that called me a prik. This post is dead, drop it and move on.

Bailey
November 26th, 2005, 01:01
LOL, oh the egos... :rolleyes: I've been keeping a close eye on this thread, and really can't say i ever thought Ganon was talking about warez, why does everyone atuutomatically assume an iso was had by ill gotten means? I have a shit load of umds here, but only use the iso's on my 2gb sticks...

But sorry if i'm dragging it on...

Indian Cheese, surely you have a blockbuster or something there? Just rent the game and try it, no need to rip people off. I live in a backward ass little town in the middle of australia, and even we have a good selection of rental psp games at our blockbuster...

Hope you get something workking man, and respect to all.
Bailey