PDA

View Full Version : PSP-3000 Specs

wraggster
August 25th, 2008, 01:05
via pspshow (http://psp.thepodcastnetwork.com/2008/08/23/psp-3000-specs/#more-110)

Kicking around the internet, so thought I’d bring them in to here for some thoughts.

The first thing, as I mentioned in Show #77, is that this is the same physical size and control layout as the PSP Slim and Lite (PSP-2000 model). While I think some will ask for another analouge stick to provide some games with alternative control options, I’m glad that they’ve stayed with the same layout - it means developers have compatibility all the way back to the PSP-1000 and can address some 41 million PSP’s out there.

The addition of the microphone will help the promotion not just of Skype, but in game voice as well - something that I think will come to prominence over the next 18 months or so if the developers make good use of it.

The big change is to the display, with a brighter screen that should update faster. I do wonder what this is going to do to the battery life, with the 3000 still using the same 1200mah battery as the previous version, but I can’t wait to try this out and about. Finally, there’s a tweak to the video out chips, which will allow more TV’s (in more hotels around the world that I visit) to take the TV cable.

silverstein101
August 25th, 2008, 01:53
well i hope that they will let the psp output video on composite cables also

and i'm curious to see whether or not the new batteries will work on the old psp versions, because if they do, then that will = super battery life

and i guess that that's why they pulled the extended battery life batteries

-=me=-
August 25th, 2008, 02:43
I'd consider getting one if i wasn't a college student on a tight budget.

oh well, TV out would be great, but not worth >$100

Lodis
August 25th, 2008, 03:43
After all of this time, this is all they can come up with?

The Psp has so much more potential than the software and hardware will ever reach.

These changes are very small and we all know that they could do so much better than this.

mike_jmg
August 25th, 2008, 04:26
What I'm curious about is the materials, if the plastic is worse or better than the slims. Hope is better, and with matte finish, not that damn fingerprint magnet

I think you're right silverstein101 they should've pulled out the extended life batteries as they wont be compatible with this one. Probably the move to put the power of pandora back in the box

thejonbell
August 25th, 2008, 04:58
hrm. i wonder, seeing as these have the same internals as the 2000, if hacking it will be the same as the 2000? ah, hell with it. my psp 1000 is dead and gone; i may as well get one. maybe.

pkmaximum
August 25th, 2008, 06:04
Well seeming how piracy has been becoming more and more of an issue with the PSP which kinda makes me feel bad about myself =( I assume that SONY is going to do something to prevent it (PANDORA)

alanparker05
August 25th, 2008, 06:08
Every time sony updates a console they mainly do it to lower production costs, and since they talking about a ten year life for it i can only imagine what the PSP-6000 will be made from

kjetil1991
August 25th, 2008, 06:31
so much upgrading for no reason no sony im not buying this

Veskgar
August 25th, 2008, 08:33
The PSP is definitely my favorite gadget. Even moderate improvements and additions make it worth getting in my book. I'll be getting a PSP-3000 for sure.

I'd never abandon homebrew and CFW though so I'm really hoping some more ingenuity comes to the PSP homebrew scene when the 3000 hits.

jrsmaster411
August 25th, 2008, 18:11
if u have a slim and lite psp I say stick with it but if u have a psp phat I say upgrade my analog nubs screwed up anyway so I'll definitely pick one up

JoeyStitch
August 26th, 2008, 03:06
I think the improved screen alone is worth the cost. But I'm still going to wait and see if Dark_AleX can work his magic before grabbing one.