PDA

View Full Version : Stepmania ds that works (mp3 and sm files only)

zzt
August 25th, 2008, 01:57
http://www41.atwiki.jp/tako2lab/pages/20.html
(site in Japanese, run through a translator.)

Finally a stepmania player that works for ds!
(only with . sm and mp3, .ogg must be converted)

Just click on 080719バージョン(v0.4.2) for the latest version.

put (dsdsr.nds) anywhere

put (dsdsr folder) on root of card

then make a "groupfolder" in dsdsr/songs

"group folder" can be anyname

put songs in dsdsr/songs/"groupfolder"

backgrounds must be 256x192 to show!

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

woodbin
August 25th, 2008, 14:27
Fantastic homebrew, completely works on mine M3Real , only things i wish are options, ability to dissable FAULT and ability to make song faster :)

homie.pl
August 25th, 2008, 15:03
My pal found it yesterday and we managed to play some songs. I made short gameplay movie with my webcam (it explains poor quality :D)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wjXJu7vzU-0

This game rocks!

acn010
August 25th, 2008, 16:31
what happened with psp revolution?? this hit stop updating the software

zzt
August 25th, 2008, 18:09
I do not know if it makes the beats faster or not, but in the dsdsr.ini file (in dsdsr folder) you can change beats on the screen at a time (I think higher number = faster speed and vice versa)

Also in the .ini file, you can change the button layout. It goes like this

"name of button"=---x

x--- is assign button to left arrow

-x-- is assign button to down arrow

--x- is assign button to up arrow

---x is assign button to right arrow

I now have my control setup like psp revolutions!

Best way of opening and editing the .ini file is through DSOrganize.

wraggster
August 25th, 2008, 19:52
nice find just uploaded it to the forums :)

kurtless
August 25th, 2008, 21:46
I have some problems with this. I put the data folder in the root of the card, I patched the .nds, and put some songs in that group folder, but when I open it on my ds, all it does is show a "0" in the upper left corner and nothing happens. HELP?

O wait got it working, sort of. Theres no sound yet? Hmmmmm, also, how do you hit those double arrows?

zzt
August 25th, 2008, 22:56
The game does support audio.

Make sure the audio file in the songs folder is .mp3 and not .ogg, I have had ONE song that used mp3 that did not produce audio, but it was just once.

flashflashrevolution.com has a LOAD of mp3 based songs, good place to start looking.

pas
August 26th, 2008, 13:31
you can start songs without lifemeter by pressing x instead of A to boot...

Also it supports different difficulty settings.

Anyone knowing any sites to get some good songs ?

soloster
August 26th, 2008, 15:01
i found best way to play is use their suggestion and use L for left, R for right, > for down and Y for up - then you have a finger/thumb on each arrow! (does take a bit of getting used to though!!)

also try bemanistyle.com for stepfiles...

(by the way with their set up (the ^ key and x do 'left and down' and 'up and right' respectively' other combos work normally!!

homie.pl
August 26th, 2008, 16:18
http://www.w0mb13.com/sm-index.html
If the song doesn't want to work try opening PC stepmania, "Edit/sync songs", then just save it and you will get new .sm and .dwi files.

I made little pack with just one song
http://www.homie.pl/DsDsR.rar
after unpacking place DsDsR folder in root directory of your SD card and .nds file wherever toy want.

samus90
August 26th, 2008, 17:31
For some reason, winrar says the rar is corrupted or damaged and I can't extract it. Did anyone else have a problem with this?

homie.pl
August 26th, 2008, 18:26
Both, pack in first post and my pack are ok. Try redownloading. If it won't help try this
http://www.homie.pl/DsDsR.zip

samus90
August 26th, 2008, 18:53
Ah, thanks!

Grey Acumen
August 26th, 2008, 19:20
I know this is totally unrealistic, but I want to see this support the guitar hero adapter so that i can hack it apart and wire in the buttons to an actual DDR pad.

Now, what I REALLY want to see is solo mode supported, and use the L and R buttons for those diagonal arrows

Also, I think you could reasonably set it up so that you could allow doubles in a similar fashion. Basically have it set up so that the dpad is player1, and the buttons are player2.
Of course, doing up+down or left+right become impossible, which is what the L&R buttons would cover; essentially if you pressed up or down on the Dpad along with the L button, it would count that as being the opposite of whatever you pressed also being pressed., same thing for the abxy buttons and the R button

zzt
August 26th, 2008, 20:46
Grey Acumen, the guy that made this is Japanese, if you want to make some suggestions, you will have to find a way to contact him from his site.

Link to the site is in the beggining of this thread.

Grey Acumen
August 27th, 2008, 06:44
I downloaded it directly from the site you linked to in your opening post, so I kinda already realize that... except without the "kinda" part.

A) I don't speak or write japanese, I'd love to, but I don't.

B) I don't really have any idea how good the creator is with english. He could be perfectly fluent, or completely incompetent at it, no idea, just leaving that up in teh air right now.

C) Even if I did, I've got no idea where to find the email on there.

D) in the meantime, I'm perfectly happy to just throw out a quick wishlist so that other people can say "oh yeah, I'd like to see that too" or "wait, that idea is okay, but I think it would be better that way"

now if you happened to have found the email to the creator of this lovely little program, just point me to it and I'll be happy to pass along my thoughts to where they may or may not be considered.

in the meantime, yes, i love the game, but I'm fairly content with it as it is. or at least enough that I can wait for the next release to come out on its own instead of badgering the guy

zzt
August 27th, 2008, 17:44
My apologies if I sounded rude, Grey Acumen.

aaronownyou
May 1st, 2009, 07:17
lol for some reason mine says font file not found...

sousukeneko
May 24th, 2009, 15:44
Cooll ^ ^