PDA

View Full Version : PSP Utopia- What would a Hacker-free PSP be like?

wraggster
August 25th, 2008, 23:24
Whoohoo! Here is the first ‘PSP Utopia’ article. ‘PSP Utopia’ is a new feature that will present different scenarios or products that could make Sony’s PSP the best Multimedia device for everyone in the universe!

This is the August 08′ edition, this month’s topic will be “A Hacker-Free PSP Universe.” Hackers will most likely cry.

So you just got you PSP, you are confused on how this tiny device works. Once you figure out how the harmless toy works, you start gaming. But one day, your little mind became evil and you’ve come to the Hacker Union, you all the sudden decide to start downloading homebrew, hacks, and Custom Firmware. Well guess what, Sony has destroyed Hackers, there aren’t anymore piracy or hackers. Don’t worry, the world is now much better!

What would a Hacker-Free PSP community be like? Sony has tried for the last 3 years to make the PSP Hack-free, but have failed because of those genius kids. Now there aren’t anymore hackers, Sony has rejoiced and are now looking into making the PSP much better. With hackers being gone Sony announces the following:

Numerous Games- Socom FTB3, Killzone Liberations 2, Playstation HOME Portable.
Direct PSN Access on PSP XMB- Sony announces Trophies and Playstation Store PSP.
Flash Player Upgrade- Sony updates the PSP Flash Player to newest. Videos are not able to stream online.
Partnership with YouTube.com- Sony and YouTube.com create a partnership where YouTube.com will create PSPYouTube which will be a PSP-exclusive Video and Photo Sharing feature on the PSP XMB via Infrastructure.
Music Download Service- Sony creates a music download service where you can download numerous artist’s song from different genres for only $.99 for each song.
All Games can be Digitally purchased, or in Stores- Sony finally announces they will give consumers the option to buy released games either over the PS Store or in Stores.
PSP Arcade- The PS3 arcade games will all be playable on the PSP and can be downloaded from the Playstation Store via PSP XMB.
PSP Owners cheer and they all decide to use these services. Sony says they announced these services now because they were scared Hackers would hack each of these services and destroy them.

The Direct PSN Access on the PSP XMB introduces Trophies to the PSP and the Playstation store for the PSP. you can now directly download content from the store over infrastructure on your PSP. You are required to use credit card information or the PSN Gift cards. Trophies will allow for PSP gamers to earn different achievements for their games. Game companies decide to release DLC over the Playstation Store so the PSP Games have some lasting appeal.

Sony and YouTube.com create PSPYouTube. It will be a selection over the PSP XMB screen and you can now upload videos to the service and view videos and photos. YouTube.com agrees they will not be creating YouTube for any other portable devices from there, on.

Music Download Service is announced by Sony and will allow for PSP Owners to purchase, then download, and then listen to music from their favorite artists for a low price. Later, Several Music Artist’s decide to release their music over this service first, then to stores, and so on.

Every game can now be purchased digitally or in Stores. With this Consumers can now stay at home and purchase their games, or they can go out and buy them in Stores.

The PSP Arcade is finally introduced and will feature all the PS3 Playstation Store Games. The graphics also will be like the PS3 graphics.

So that’s it everyone. Thank you for reading this month’s ‘PSP Utopia’. Come back at the end of next month for a new one.

http://ppgn.recoding.net/?p=58#more-58

Stone Temple Pilots
August 25th, 2008, 23:47
I couldn't help but laugh at this article. I don't know if Sony would be THAT generous

Saracchini
August 25th, 2008, 23:51
I will think about this when Sony release a free and oficial SDK . I never buy portable devices which dont allow me run my own programs.

Buddy4point0
August 25th, 2008, 23:54
AND

The PSP Sucks.
There are no developers for the future because we can't practice when we're young on the PSP.
No one buys PSP's anymore, Hardware sales plummet, Sony loses tons of money, and never releases a PSP2.

JoeyStitch
August 26th, 2008, 00:23
Yeah, somehow I doubt all of that would happen.

midnitdragoon
August 26th, 2008, 00:54
i think a good reason why psp games are not that great now is because a lot of developers are nervous about piracy etc. Thats understandable. But we have a big homebrew community and sony is dishing out newer sony psp which are harder to hack. In my opinion the psp-3000 is giving a chance for developers to say "Hey its safer now to develop with these milions of new psp's sold because they are almost impossible to hack. Thats what i hope happens soon. Homebrew is very nice no doubt but piracy on it is killing new and original games for the psp.
I have cfw myself and have done my share of stuff with it but i really really would like to see something new and fresh other than 10 year old games.... The PSP is said that it will last 10 years on the market. Hopefully they will make it so that is NEAR impossible to hack, not unhackable. Giving leadway for developers to do stuff for it.

ICE
August 26th, 2008, 01:09
What would my hacker free psp be like? Dusty I imagine.

Stone Temple Pilots
August 26th, 2008, 02:46
What would my hacker free psp be like? Dusty I imagine.

lmao. too true

JoeyStitch
August 26th, 2008, 02:54
Piracy is a scapegoat. There has always been piracy and there will always be piracy.

osgeld
August 26th, 2008, 03:33
sony could do all that now

they just wont, and blame the "evil hackers"

when its mostly the "evil hackers" that drive sales

proof? look at the hardware sales vs the non existant software sales

Aryn
August 26th, 2008, 07:36
People who do not hack their PSP systems generally tend to either get rid of them or leave them gathering dust on a shelf because they can not do enough with their PSP systems (well, besides gaming). If anything, hacking may have saved the PSP from falling too far behind the Nintendo DS.

As for adding new features and such, I doubt that SONY would have added much. The web browser, radio, rss channels, and other stuff would not have been added at all if people were not starting to rely on hacks/custom firmwares to get those features. Instead, development would have been a lot slower, with features only being added when a game system that boasts more features than the PSP is released.

HOWEVER, I do agree on one thing, the games would be better since developers would be less nervous about piracy if the PSP was unhackable (or at least could only be hacked with a mod chip). More game developers would choose to invest more in making better games for the PSP.

acn010
August 26th, 2008, 07:55
im no pirate, im a ninja mothafuka!! lol

Mauragon
August 26th, 2008, 10:27
A bricked hackable PSP is better than a non-hackable PSP

titch.ryan
August 26th, 2008, 10:50
the problem with a psp being hacker free is that i would then have to spend alot more money to have fun as the homebrew style games from the arcade would never be free!

kjetil1991
August 26th, 2008, 15:36
A hacker free psp oh =) that reminds me of the old days when it was hard to hack your psp XD

crazyhare
August 26th, 2008, 17:40
It would blow - I sold my psp because now my phone does everything I wanted a psp to do, and does it without Sony's tightwad nonsene too...

darkdex52
August 26th, 2008, 18:21
Bullsh**!! Bullsh** I say. Piracy is why game devs won't make new games???

Then answer me this, why there are still games coming out for PS2? It was hard-modded almost 2 months after it came out. And Xbox360? You can also run backups on it AND you can soft-mod it for free in your home. NDS? Wii? PC!!!!????

rageteam1000
August 26th, 2008, 21:29
What I find funny is that as much as we want Sony to add features, *que flames* they are giving us quite a bit already (and mind you just about everyone just wants to play their favorite game) for free. But as far as having more content released just because the hackers and homebrew community is halted from making stuff on the psp, it's one part reason and one part excuse.

Broadus
August 26th, 2008, 23:20
The PSP will go the way of the Game Gear and nobody will give a crap about it, especially Sony, who never really cared in the first place about the PSP or their customers.
There will be no homebrew of any sort, lots and lots of UMD movies and hardly a good game in sight, if any. Then the four horsemen shall ride down and all life will crumble for those who were left behind.
The PSP hardly gets any games as it is. For the past several months, narry a game has been released for the PSP. Even the DS gets Call of Duty 4 and 5 but the PSP gets no such attention.

carlitx
August 26th, 2008, 23:54
hahaha... sony? do that? haha i think i gave myself a concussion when i hit the floor LMAO! If the PSP ever became a mini 360 i think Microsoft would cough up a lung and send the MC to Tokyo to kill Godzilla hahaha. But sony would never do it cause, they are money grubbing bastards that do not think about the consumers.... much like cell phone companies.

andwhyisit
August 27th, 2008, 01:25
The PSP will go the way of the Game Gear and nobody will give a crap about it, especially Sony, who never really cared in the first place about the PSP or their customers.
There will be no homebrew of any sort, lots and lots of UMD movies and hardly a good game in sight, if any. Then the four horsemen shall ride down and all life will crumble for those who were left behind.
The PSP hardly gets any games as it is. For the past several months, narry a game has been released for the PSP. Even the DS gets Call of Duty 4 and 5 but the PSP gets no such attention.

More like the way of the dreamcast. :rofl:

PoorKingz
August 27th, 2008, 07:03
Hardware sales would start off slowly. Homebrew showed off the system's capibilities.

Firmware updates are slow to include new features. Sony doesn't need to tempt people to update.

More games. No piracy so software sales would rise and more developers will invest in making PSP games.

Online games are more enjoyable. No code users.

Seker
August 28th, 2008, 14:18
more good games = more sold games
lower prices = more sold games

easy ain't it ? ...