PDA

View Full Version : Portable Device Plays NES, GBC, Genesis, and MP3’s Using Solar Panels

wraggster
August 25th, 2008, 23:26
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414iQpOJmpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Not only can the ‘Media Street eMotion‘ play your favorite MP3’s and MP4’s but it’s also compatible with game ROMs and plays NES, GameBoy, GameBoy Color and Sega Genesis games. Instead of using a batteries, you use the Sun. That’s right, this bad boy has Solar Panels to charge the portable device.
The system also has a respectable resolution of 320X240 color LCD screen. The unit itself is small, measuring only 5.5 X 3 X 1 inches and can hold a maximum 2GB SD card. An cool extra feature included is the ability to charge mobile phones, digital cameras, laptops, and many other Lithium portable devices with the Solar Panels.
You can order right now the Media Street EM-SAL2GIG at Amazon for $169.99.

More details at Amazon --> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0018LKBEU/ref=nosim/nokiangagenew-20

gutbub
August 26th, 2008, 00:55
That thing rocks. It would be perfect for me, because I live in the desert, so plenty of sun to power it. I just hope that compatible means playable.

osgeld
August 26th, 2008, 03:30
i was diggin this until you said $169.99

screw that, i have a psp, 35 bucks more i can get a solar charger for it

ICE
August 26th, 2008, 03:58
i was diggin this until you said $169.99

screw that, i have a psp, 35 bucks more i can get a solar charger for it

Just what I was thinking.

Gene
August 26th, 2008, 09:15
It's a great idea, but the fact is, there are at least half a dozen of these types of devices at a fraction of the price. It really is just not worth the money in my opinion. The solar powered aspect is a clever function though, so I hope they drop the price a little and give it an edge in the market.

titch.ryan
August 26th, 2008, 10:47
thought it looked pretty cool until i saw the price tag.

obelisk
August 29th, 2008, 20:31
I think we are now getting to a point where the scene maybe needs to pick a good one, and run with it, it seems that lately, we've been hit with tons of these.... A google, Dell, or other semi-strong, durable, and cheap handheld would be really great. Apple I don't think would do it, because of all the other devices they have. If Atari were to be bought back by Bushnell, and they did hardware again, I'm sure it would fly. The thought of a $100 homebrew ready device with tv out, usb, and decent power length with good screen is a juicy thought, a nice "dream", but we need it to also be able to be mass-produced. The GP2x, and the touch screen one look nice, but it's hard to get those, as compared to say a PSP, or DS. If manufacturing, or at least assembly can be somewhat localized to output regions, and a balanced advertising campaign is used.... some apps, and utilities, games for casual gamers, and stuff for hardcore types as well, and emus, homebrew ability, media player, .... you know, the basics, we could really nail it. Yes, touch screen is nice, but if we had more than one model, then more than one price will be available for the end consumer, thereby widening the base user group.
Yes, solar is cool, but at 160 dollars, GBC, NES and genesis isn't that appetizing. Hopefully, whatever they've got coming to us next plays Intellivision, 2600, and C=64, for us old-schoolers, tho.

patgan598
October 28th, 2008, 20:41
i found it for only 81,62 EUR at Chinavasion

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/solar-powered-mp4-player-2gb-mobile-power-station/