PDA

View Full Version : Another PSP noob *HELP*

hippy
November 20th, 2005, 18:55
Hello all

I have recently bought a PSP version 2.01 ok I dont know alot about them but after some research on the net and in forums there appears to be a big wide world out there!

I see there are emulators and soemthing called homebrew but these only seem to be for versions before v2.01 is this correct? I want to download stuff for my psp but I keep hearing the term Brick? What does this mean and could i mess up my PSP big time?

I have some games downloaded for example final fantasy XII its a MP4 so hwat do i do with it transfer it to my PSP and save on memeory card and play it? ordo i need homebrew or an emulator? hmm confused atm?

SOrry many peeps probably asks these questions and the forums are filled with good info but too much for me atm

Please any advise woudl be great?

hippy :)

xuphorz
November 20th, 2005, 19:23
for videos go to www.pspvideo9.com and use that
but since you have 2.01, you're screwed for now on homebrew/emulation. sorry :(

hippy
November 20th, 2005, 22:49
Thank you for your reply although i am disapointed ont eh homebrew side of things!

Ok i have an MP4 file 390Mbs film I am trying to make it play on my PSP, its transfered into the psp and was in a folder maked video then a folder marked movie neither worked any ideas plz

Hippy :)

hippy
November 20th, 2005, 22:59
Its ok i followed a tutorial and got it working but no sound and it runs fast

xuphorz
November 20th, 2005, 23:30
odd
pspvideo9 has it full, you select the video, it automatically transfers it to your psp no config really needed.