PDA

View Full Version : MP4 file troubleshooting!

Jo29
November 21st, 2005, 12:22
I have been trying to put mp4 files onto my psp's memory card via usb link, but although I appear to be following the instructions video files don't appear on my psp. I've managed to get a couple of small files to work, but I can't upload anything at the moment. Why is it so awkward to upload mp4 files? I thought that if you put the MP_ROOT file on your psp with 100MNV01 file inside that, you should be able to view any MP4 file which you upload. Isn't this true? Please help!

Jdemon
November 21st, 2005, 13:05
You can't just throw any old mov file in there and have it work. It has to be MP4 encoded and it needs to have a THM file for it. Standard PSP encoders like Video 9 will produce this file as well.

Jo29
November 22nd, 2005, 07:52
I've been using 3GP Converter to change files to MP4 format, although I will check out the one you suggested. I have managed to get small video clips (eg. ones I've taken on my mobile fone) to work, but now when I drag and drop any mp4 clip into the same file I don't get any luck at all.

Jdemon
November 22nd, 2005, 12:03
OK that is strange...are clips that use to work not working anymore, or just newer ones you are trying to encode. Also can you play the "not working" clips on your PC with Quicktime? If you are trying to convert wmv, ra, or mov files (the original file) you may get an output file that doesn't work.