PDA

View Full Version : question about DS Linux

King DS
November 21st, 2005, 22:11
Will it run proper Linux Programes and whatnot? like Duke nukem? or anything thats linux TBH? a proper PC App

Cap'n 1time
November 22nd, 2005, 01:37
Probably not, as it has a differant processor. In other words... I dont think you can just compile anything on it... could be wrong.

thaive
November 22nd, 2005, 04:55
looks pretty though :)

King DS
November 22nd, 2005, 08:49
i had a look at the forum, i think there gonna use Linux PDA programes. i didnt know they existed! if they can safly convert PDA programes to work on the DS then a web browser isnt that imposible!! :D

souLLy
November 22nd, 2005, 12:30
i had a look at the forum, i think there gonna use Linux PDA programes. i didnt know they existed! if they can safly convert PDA programes to work on the DS then a web browser isnt that imposible!! :D

the browser itself isn't the hard part, it's getting the ds using wifi properly that's the problem... once that happens, browsers and irc clients will likely follow soon after...

King DS
November 22nd, 2005, 13:23
and Lots of them i guess. i mean, who DOESNT want internet browsers and Msn and stuff on there DS? anyone? this doesnt include PSP Uber fan boys who Hate DS

Cap'n 1time
November 22nd, 2005, 13:45
and Lots of them i guess. i mean, who DOESNT want internet browsers and Msn and stuff on there DS? anyone? this doesnt include PSP Uber fan boys who Hate DS

no doubt that would be awsome. just easier said then done :)

King DS
November 22nd, 2005, 16:35
over on the WinDS forums someones working on Firefox, thats all i can say. no news on how its coming on... ill stick a link in my Sig' to the WinDS Website

Cap'n 1time
November 24th, 2005, 07:28
over on the WinDS forums someones working on Firefox, thats all i can say. no news on how its coming on... ill stick a link in my Sig' to the WinDS Website

I would assume firefox would be complicated. The only (non-linux) web browser for xbox was links (linkboks). Its open source, and I would think, less complexed.