PDA

View Full Version : Wii beats 360 and PS3 to 1 million sales in Canada

Shrygue
August 26th, 2008, 18:36
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/wii-beats-360-and-ps3-to-1-million-sales-in-canada)

Nintendo's Wii has become the first of the current generation of home consoles to sell over one million units in Canada.

The system has sold just under 1,060,000 units by the end of July according to data from NPD, reports CTV.ca.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 has so far sold just over 870,000 units in the region, with Sony's PlayStation 3 selling just over 520,000 units by the end of July.

For the first seven months of 2008, the Wii sold more units than both the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. Nintendo's console sold 376,000 units, compared to 200,000 PS3s and 154,000 Xbox 360s.

The Xbox 360 was first of the systems released in Canada, in November 2005, with the PS3 and Wii following a year later.

NPD states that sales of hardware, software and peripherals in Canada were up 54 per cent in 2008, to CAD 920,000.

royvedas
August 26th, 2008, 19:30
This never ceases to be a mystery to me. Yes, the Wii is fun and stuff, but to me it seems as it has only a very few good games compared to Xbox360 and PS3. Even if you are a casual gaming family, you should be able to realise that.

kjetil1991
August 26th, 2008, 19:37
This never ceases to be a mystery to me. Yes, the Wii is fun and stuff, but to me it seems as it has only a very few good games compared to Xbox360 and PS3. Even if you are a casual gaming family, you should be able to realise that.Its because Nintendo got the child friendly stamp :rolleyes:

Bladeforce
August 26th, 2008, 23:44
The Wii is relentless!! I think a lot of people are missing a big point about the Wii. It is made by Nintendo and EVERYBODY that loves videogames has had a nintendo at some point in the past. Problem for the other 2 is they are promoted by 2 massive conglomorates that don't mean quality at any level including customer satisfaction.

Don't let Sony or Microsoft spin you into buying their products it will just lead to 1 system and less choice for customers!! :thumbup:

ICE
August 26th, 2008, 23:55
I keep trying to play Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart, and Okami in a 360 or PS3 and it just wont work :\ I dont have a Wii for the controls anymore.. I have it because its the only place to play those games. Also it was cheap.

jamotto
August 27th, 2008, 00:01
Don't let Sony or Microsoft spin you into buying their products it will just lead to 1 system and less choice for customers!! :thumbup:

So we should let Nintendo spin us into buying their console that will lead to one system and less choice for customers? Yea, that sounds great! :rolleyes:

devdj
August 27th, 2008, 00:35
who gives a shit its only canada the only good things they have that are over a million is pussy

watupgroupie
August 27th, 2008, 04:37
You know a ton of video game devs and stuff are in canada right? Most of the homebrew guys I know are out of canada too, or other countries, but I can see that kidna post coming from an american. Stop being arrogant.

trugamer
August 28th, 2008, 00:05
1 million is loads no matter what country it is. Certainly a perfectly respectable benchmark