PDA

View Full Version : New PS2 Models Hitting US Stores

Shrygue
August 26th, 2008, 18:43
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5041923/new-ps2-models-hitting-us-stores)

Multiple readers across North America have emailed to inform us that the new, slightly smaller, AC adapter-less PlayStation 2 systems are hitting U.S. retail outlets this week. Reader Schpadoinkle666 works at Walmart (we're sorry) and sends us a picture of the new package, while a guy named Creighton sends word that he found one in his local Fry's Electronics yesterday.

I was browsing the local Fry's Electronics on Monday and saw that they had the 90000 series PS2s in stock for $129. The box was slightly smaller than the slims (reduced to $124); the definitive clue to me was that the description of the box contents mentioned an ac cord but omitted mention of an ac adapter.

royvedas
August 26th, 2008, 19:20
Yeah, these were announced a while back and have started to pop up in Denmark as well. Interestingly, in my local Blockbuster these were a little cheaper than the older slim model. That's pretty stupid. Why not "cheap off" the older slims to get them out of the door?

iniquitous_beast
August 26th, 2008, 19:48
I found one (and only one) in my local wal-mart last Friday. Lucky for me, it was also payday, and I snagged it.

No need to analyze the box contents list for this one. The package has a blue-ish trim on the top, and the model number is clearly displayed as scph-90001. Any letters after the 1 are just designations for the system's color.

Zin0099
August 26th, 2008, 20:11
does anyone know how good these models are?
on ac!YES!
does some psone games not work?