PDA

View Full Version : Liero DS

wraggster
August 26th, 2008, 22:31
News/release from Schmendrick (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=5633.0):

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm making a Liero adaptation for the DS. I figured I'd upload a working version too, maybe people'd get a little enthusiastic about it then

I should add the controls
Menus:
Pretty standard: D-pad and A/B/Start for navigating/modifying
Level editor:
Stylus to draw, Up/Down for brush size, Left/Right for brush type, B for save menu; Select Yes, input a name with the stylus, and press OK
Ingame:
D-Pad to walk/aim, A to jump, B to fire, X for Ninja Rope, Y for digging, L/R to switch weapons

There are still a few issues with this game, however:

* The game runs, as stated before, really slow on emulators. Try playing it on your DS for smooth gameplay;
* Most weapons work, except for laser type weapons (laser, gauss gun, etc) and direction steerable weapons (missile);
* Using a Big Nuke isn't the best thing to do: It uses up all the sprites and can sometimes mess up the game;
* There's a weird bug that allows weapons to move through the ground;
* Sometimes when picking up weapon bonuses the game freezes;
* There's no AI or multiplayer: See first post;
* You can draw a game for a single 'session': As soon as you turn off your DS the level will be gone;
* Bonuses will move through the ground when it appears underground.

I'll try to fix the level loading myself (I'd like to get a list of available levels to choose from), but if you have any code ready for that, I'll gladly hear about it As for now level saving is disabled too, to make sure everything else does work. You do have to select yes to save, and input a name (press OK when done), I don't think you can play the level otherwise.

Other than that, the game pretty much works as it should.
Please try it out, tell me what you think, and if possible help me out with the liblobby/efslib usage;D

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Kulawend
August 29th, 2008, 03:17
This is really exciting! I hope the bugs can be worked out.

pspds
December 17th, 2008, 04:26
i just downloaded it but i think its going to be great