PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Originals and Backwards Compatibility come to an end?

wraggster
August 27th, 2008, 00:15
In recent time, MR asked Global Marketing Director, Albert Pennello, regarding the future of Backwards Compatibility for the 360. While Rare fans got what they wanted, his answers were very interesting. He insisted that if there has been a title that we haven't seen backwards compatible yet, it's because that there have been technical difficulties putting them on the service. "People are moving on," he said, "would you rather have those guys working on that or doing something new?" in reference to the new Xbox Live Avatar-filled Dashboard.

What does this have to do with Xbox Originals, you may ask? Through different insider sources, MundoRare can confirm that Xbox Originals, the service that re-releases some Xbox 1 titles on Xbox Live, won't be around for the same reason that Backwards Compatibility will most likely never see another update again. "I think they are pretty much done with that," another source told us.

http://mundorare.com/news/2008/08/xbox-originals-and-backwards-compatibility-come-to-an-end/

onetwentyeight
August 27th, 2008, 05:02
originals was a dumb idea from the start as many titles are readily available in bargain bins at game stores as compared with psn ps1 titles for download, many of which are much more difficult to get your hands on. when was the last time you were in a store that carried ps1 games? most still have xbox games binned somewhere.

WhizzBang
August 27th, 2008, 05:36
I hope the new firware lets you install original xbox games to the hard drive as well as 360 games.

pibs
August 27th, 2008, 06:04
I hope the new firware lets you install original xbox games to the hard drive as well as 360 games.

Thats a good idea. But with how greedy MS is I doubt that would happen :(

Ur idea would finally allow me to own MvsC2 since no way in hell im paying $80 for a used copy.....

Baboon
August 27th, 2008, 08:49
The whole xbox originals is just a lame money spinning exercise for MS. The fact they stopped doing bc updates a while ago was lame... and then to make you pay for again for game you already own?? :mad:

Now on the latest up coming update MS would rather concentrate on gay mii avatar character rip offs!

Thats a good idea. But with how greedy MS is I doubt that would happen :(

Ur idea would finally allow me to own MvsC2 since no way in hell im paying $80 for a used copy.....

MvsC2 currently plays like crap on 360 anyway... the sprites look awful! lol ...that still hasnt stopped me from unlocking all the characters though. lol

mcdougall57
August 27th, 2008, 10:20
Awww damn. I was hoping to see MGS2:substance, kung fu chaos and Capcom vs SNK on that list.

I'd honestly rather they worked on my old games tbh. Its better than them spending their time on an mediocre FPS.