PDA

View Full Version : Am I to be bricked? (also superpass Q's and what not)

thaive
November 22nd, 2005, 12:29
So i ordered a superpass, a supercard sd adapter and an sd card.

Currently i'm trying to work out the software i need to download to make it all work.

(anyone know a very good thorough detailed walkthrough?)

i have heard bits and pieces about ds's now being bricked if they have mario kart ... i have mario cart, and have not updated my ds's firmware (do i need to), i'll have a superpass so i didn't think i would need to, but if i were to would i too be bricked?

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

thaive

p.s. can anyone help me find find out if my ds NAH101##### is compatable with superpass .. lol.. its teal not blue ;)

Vegetable
November 22nd, 2005, 19:44
It'll only brick your DS if you have the FlashME (doesn't come with the DS) bios on it, which if I recall correctly, can be fixed.

King DS
November 22nd, 2005, 20:47
so as hes got a brand new Supercard and superpass on a DS that hasnt had any other thing in it except DS and GBA games... he will be ok? what about the patch thing? should he get that aswell as a backup?

im asking coz im getting one soon and need to know

thaive
November 23rd, 2005, 02:12
I haven't gone online or played against anyone yet, so it hasn't filled up that part of the firmware to the best of my knowledge, the new flashme however (v5) i think, compresses the firmware to a certain area leaving the wifi setings mario kart writes free to be written on. So with the new flashme we shouldn't have any issue with bricking our ds,

but, i know this sounds silly, do i need to update the firmware? or if i kept the supercard in could i play games of the sc normally?

i don't like the whole idea about shorting out the sl1 lol, plus i've read a few terror storries about people bricking hteir ds's or needed to recover them, but apart from that guide with the on picture showing you where to short, there isn't really an indepth step by step well documented walkthrough... oh well

cheers
thaive